lunch! 2016 opens in London this week
Thousands of food and drink buyers are preparing to attend
The UK’s biggest and multi-award winning show for the food-to-go trade, lunch! returns to the Business Design Centre in London on Wednesday 21 September.
Over 6,000 attendees are expected to visit lunch! over 21-22 September, including key buyers and decision makers from many of the UK’s biggest food-to-go operators, food retailers, and contract caterers, plus thousands of independent and multiple cafés, coffee shops and sandwich shops.
Expert Keynotes for 2016
High-profile brands – including Pret, Starbucks, Costa Coffee, LEON, Benugo, Welcome Break, Tossed, and bartlett mitchell – will be sharing their expertise in the show’s two Keynote Theatres. Full timings and seminar summaries are available at www.lunchshow.co.uk/education .
Wednesday 21 September (Keynote Theatre 1)
- How we keep our customers coming back for more – Ian Cranna, vp marketing and category for Ian Cranna, vp marketing and category for Starbucks Coffee Company
- The UK food to go market: get fresher, faster and hotter to get ahead – Simon Stenning, executive director, MCA
- How to ignite your brand in your people – Mark McCulloch, founder and CEO, WE ARE Spectacular
- Costa Coffee: people are the most important ingredient in our coffee – John Kerslake, operations director, Costa Coffee
- Doing the right thing, not the easy thing – Kirsty Saddler, brand director, LEON
- Exclusive interview: Wendy Bartlett, executive chairman and founding owner, bartlett mitchell (hosted by Peter Martin, VP of CGA Peach)
Wednesday 21 September (Keynote Theatre 2)
- Key trends in the food to go sector– Emma Read, director of marketing and business development, Horizons
- Benugo: bringing an independent spirit to the high street – Rory McEntee, head of retail marketing, Benugo
- Fighting the intense competition at lunchtime – Cyril Levanant, executive director Foodservice UK, NPD Group
- Redesigning EAT. – Afroditi Krassa, founder and creative director, AfroditiKrassa
- Exclusive interview: Luke Johnson, chairman, Risk Capital Partners (hosted by Paul Charity, MD, Propel Info )
- Food for thought: how to create your brand and launch a successful cafe business – Beth Taubner, brand strategist and founder, Mercurylab NY and London
Thursday 22 September (Keynote Theatre 1)
- Exclusive interview: Caroline Cromar, group director of food, Pret A Manger (hosted by Peter Martin, VP of CGA Peach)
- The lunch! Innovation Challenge Live – The Pitches
- Exclusive interview: Steve Richards, CEO, The Casual Dining Group, on Rapide by Café Rouge (hosted by Peter Martin, VP of CGA Peach)
- The lunch! Innovation Challenge Live – The Results
- From self-service cafeteria to emporium of brands – Rod McKie, CEO, Welcome Break
Thursday 22 September (Keynote Theatre 2)
- Food to go - what the future holds – Emma Read, director of marketing and business development, Horizons
- Panel: How to run award winning juice, smoothie & shake bars – Shane Kavanagh, CEO, Crushh Fit Food & Juice Bars (former MD of Benugo); Josh Kettle, MD, ShakeTastic; and Oli Wilson Fish, operations director, Juicafe (hosted by Dominic Roberjot, publisher, Natural Products Magazine )
- The importance of sustainability to your customers – Andrew Stephen, CEO, The Sustainable Restaurant Association
- Panel: Increasing profits for your café – Jay Morjaria, founder of Sutra Kitchen; and Alex Stone, co-founder, Trade (hosted by Dominic Roberjot, publisher, Natural Products Magazine )
- The importance of getting coffee right in a takeaway environment – Barny Clevely, managing director, FCB Artisan Espresso Bars
- The healthier eating cashless, till less place – Vincent McKevitt, founder, Tossed
Over 350 leading exhibitors
The show boasts over 350 exhibiting companies showcasing an eclectic mix of food, drink, packaging, catering equipment and technology.
New exhibitors for 2016 include: Nestle Waters UK, Pukka Herbs, Florette UK + Ireland, Blackthorn Foods, Coconut Merchant, Urban Fresh Foods, Pop Up Cookspace, Veg and City, Tribe Foods, Europastry, Blackfriars Bakery, Simpson Beverages, London Falafel, Plenish Cleanse, Dalston Cola Co, Nom Foods, Tails Cocktails, Dragonfly Foods, and Tao Family.
The full exhibitor list is available online at www.lunchshow.co.uk/exhibiting/exhibitor-list .
For the latest exhibitor news, please visit www.lunchshow.co.uk/exhibitor-press-releases .
lunch! returns to Business Design Centre in Islington, London, on Wednesday and Thursday, 21-22 September 2016. To register for a free trade pass, please visit www.lunchshow.co.uk and quote priority code LUN10 (direct link: https://registration.n200.com/survey/28ctrj7rl4tbl?actioncode=LUN10 ). Free trade registration closes at 10am on 21 September, after which a £20 door charge may apply.
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Sharna Waid, PR Executive
t: +44 (0)1273 645144
Group Event Director:
t: +44 (0)1273 645123
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Nicola Cowles, Sales Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645137
lunch! was shortlisted for Best UK Trade Show Exhibition over 2,000sqm by the Association of Event Organisers’ Excellence Awards 2016. It won Best Trade Show at the Exhibition News Awards in February 2014 (it was also shortlisted for Best Trade Show and Best Trade Show Marketing Campaign in 2015). lunch! won Best Marketing Campaign of the Year in 2012 and was named Best UK Trade Show Exhibition under 2,000sqm for two years running in 2010 and 2011 at the Association of Event Organisers’ Excellence Awards.
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough and Nailsworth. In addition to lunch!, Diversified UK’s event portfolio includes Casual Dining; Casual Dining Restaurant & Pub Awards; Commercial Kitchen (new for 2016); Natural Food Show at Natural & Organic Products Europe; Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co–located with Natural Products Scandinavia); Natural and Organic Awards; British Tourism & Travel Show; camexpo; Accountex; SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; GEO Business; Capturing Reality; Ocean Business; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference ; Euro Bus Expo; Coach & Bus Live; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; and National Coach Tourism Awards. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk .
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com