Natural Beauty Yearbook announces its 2015 industry hotlist
Kirstie Sherriff, co-founder of organic spa brand Pinks Boutique, has taken the top spot in this year’s prestigious Natural Beauty Yearbook hotlist.
Voted for by the natural and organic beauty industry, the hotlist – also known as the Who’s Who in natural beauty Top 25 – provides an essential snapshot of the leading personalities driving the newest trends and products on the market. The 2015 edition, published by Diversified Communications UK, was unveiled last week at an exclusive launch party, hosted by organic beauty brand Melvita, at Whole Foods Market’s Fulham Broadway store, in London.
Although this is Sherriff’s first year at number one, it is far from her first appearance on the list. That was in Natural Beauty Yearbook 2010 (at number 17). She’s featured in the top five in every edition since.
Sonia White, managing director of Amarya and LoveLula, was voted number two, closely followed by Alexander and Kim Barani, founders of Kinetic Enterprises, who have retained their number three ranking for a third year running.
PR and blogger Rebecca Goodyear was voted fourth, and natural beauty advocate Janey Lee Grace fifth favourite overall.
Accepting her award from Natural Beauty Yearbook’s editor Julia Zaltzman, Kirstie Sherriff said: “It’s a very exciting night for Pinks Boutique at Wholefoods and a genuine lovely surprise to win. I have slowly climbed my way up the Who’s Who from my first placement at number 17 four or five years ago, so it is such an honour to have reached the top.
“The Who’s Who is, year on year, becoming a genuinely sought-after award, you can see and tell the brands are becoming more and more serious about it and Diversified should be proud of all the hard work they have put in. Thank you once again,” she says.
As the only trade-focused publication for the natural beauty industry, the Natural Beauty Yearbook 2015 is packed full of trend features, company profiles and an exclusive directory showcasing the best of this successful sector. The yearbook also includes a full profile of everyone who’s made this year’s hotlist.
The 2015 Who’s Who in natural beauty top 25 personalities (as voted for by the industry) are:
- Kirstie Sherriff, co-founder of Pinks Boutique
- Sonia White, managing director of Amarya and LoveLula
- Alexander and Kim Barani, co-founders of Kinetic Enterprises
- Rebecca Goodyear, founder of Rebecca Goodyear PR
- Janey Lee Grace, journalist and author
- Sarah Brown, owner of Pai Organic Skincare
- Simon Golding, owner of Australis
- Elijah Choo, founder of Bodhi & Birch
- Claire Vero, founder of Aurelia Probiotic Skincare (new entry)
- Tracey Robinson, founder of Vert PR
- Jayn Sterland, commercial director at Weleda
- Graeme Hume, owner of Pravera
- Rivka Rose, founder of Faith in Nature
- Dr Pauline Hili, founder of Nourish (new entry)
- Tracy Taylor, new product development manager at Herrco
- Fiona Klonarides, founder of The Beauty Shortlist
- Imelda Burke, owner of Content Beauty
- Margo Marrone, co-founder of The Organic Pharmacy
- Joanna Jensen, founder of Childs Farm (new entry)
- Dr Mariano Spiezia, Inlight skincare formulator
- Simon Ford, brand manager at Melvita UK
- Abi Weeds, founder of Odylique (previously called Essential Care)
- Victoria Brock, founder of SoukSouk
- Wendy Stirling, founder of Botanicals
- Emma Coleman, founder of Inner-Soul Organics (new entry)
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, Leamington Spa, and Nailsworth, Glos. Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Natural Beauty Yearbook; Natural Products magazine; Natural & Organic Products Europe; Natural and Organic Awards; Natural Products Scandinavia and Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden; camexpo; lunch!; Casual Dining; office*; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); OceanBuzz; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference (in Philadelphia, USA); SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; ServiceDesk360; Euro Bus Expo; Coach and Bus Live; Best of Britain & Ireland; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; The National Coach Tourism Awards; Route One magazine; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, eMedia, publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 800 staff, with divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.