SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show boasts additional new theatre for 2016
With final preparations now underway, SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show, returning to London’s Olympia next week on 8-9 June, is set to deliver its most comprehensive conference programme to date. To meet the growing demand for educational content and increased seminar capacity, an additional fourth theatre has been added for 2016.
SITS is renowned for offering a world-class free tailored education programme, and this year is no exception, combining eight Keynotes, 44 CPD accredited seminars (up from 36 seminar sessions last year) in four dedicated theatres, 24 facilitated roundtable discussions, and two essential breakfast briefings. The line-up is designed to provide valuable first-hand insights, and to support ITSM professionals looking to improve the way in which they manage and orchestrate their IT resources.
New Theatre 4
Introducing a unique format, the new theatre will host ‘silent seminars’ where attendees can listen to speakers through provided headphones, benefitting from a private listening experience. Seminars include:
- Digital transformation – how will it impact service desks? Andrew White, Cherwell Software
- How the internet of things and 20 billion devices will change your job: Jon Hall, BMC
- What’s trending in the world of service desks? Ollie O’Donoghue, SDI
- Shifting from technology – focused IT to business-focused IT: Stuart Rance, OSM
- Customer satisfaction metrics made more human: Hannah Price, and Sumit R. De
- Viewing IT Support through a Customer Service Lens: Alan Berkson, Freshdesk
- Incident and problem – do we really need both? Dave Jones, Pink Elephant, EMEA
Due to their expected popularity, event organiser Diversified Communications UK is urging prospective visitors wishing to attend any seminars this year to take advantage of the show’s advance pre-booking option. Tickets are available to pre-book (£6 per session, fee goes to charity), or collect at the show free of charge (a limited number will be available from 9am on each day, on a first come basis, from the Seminar Registration Desk).
Seminar highlights in theatres 1-3 this year include:
- Warburton’s three step strategy for aligning IT to business: Martin Ogden & Michael Allan, Warburton
- Fife Council’s service catalogue – saving money and boosting customer satisfaction: Michelle Scott, Fife Council
- From ordinary to extraordinary – breathing new life into IT through automation: Philip Murry, Standard Life
- Why DevOps needs managers to be successful: Daniel Breston, Rangers4
- Could IT4IT become bigger than ITIL? Tony Price, HB Enterprise
- Shift-left – the next gear change for ITSM: Wolter Smit, TOPdesk
- How a century old financial institution embraced a SIAM model: Juha Berghäll, Service-Flow Corp, and Sanna Sinivuori, OP Financial Group
- The new you – what an ITSM professional will look like in 2020: Matthew Hooper, LANDESK
- How cognitive operational analytics can unlock its biggest secrets: Sven Strassburg, IBM
- “Ask me anything, I’m ready” – the power of knowledge centered support: Simone Jo Moore, SJM
- Have customers broke the ITSM model? Patrick Bolger, Hornbill Service Management
- Swisscom – working the numbers to optimise service: Dr. Dorian Selz, Squirro
To view the full seminar programme, please visit www.servicedeskshow.com/seminars .
“There’s no other event like SITS. If you’re interested in new and exciting ITSM technologies, you can’t miss it. The seminars have great speakers and progressive content that competes with the best conferences in our industry, and it’s free to attend,” says chief evangelist of Hornbill, and popular SITS speaker, Patrick Bolger.
“ SITS is the most comprehensive show in the UK to stay on top of how to build a pro-active service function for your business,” says Dr. Dorian Selz, co-founder and CEO of Squirro.
“SITS is the perfect one stop shop for your service desk requirements. It’s a great opportunity to network with like-minded peers and industry experts, helping you review the best of the best when it comes to ITSM,” says Colin Kendrick, head of IT, Day Lewis Plc.
“I’m always looking at ways at improving the way we run things. I’m keen to hear others’ experiences and to see the tools we could possibly implement,” says Doug Konigkramer, Support Team Leader – Europe, Euromonitor International.
“I’m looking forward to attending SITS, hearing some great talks from people working in ITSM, and gaining as much knowledge as possible,” says Jack Williams, technology coordinator, UKTV.
“You’re going to get something out of this show, whether that’s a new tool, new contacts, or the satisfaction that your team is up there with some of the leading Service Desks,” says Fiona Murphy, service desk senior manager, Sun Life Financial.
SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show returns to Olympia, London, on Wednesday and Thursday, 8-9 June 2016. For further information and to register free in advance, please visit www.servicedeskshow.com .
SITS16 attendees also benefit from free access to Infosecurity Europe 2016, co-located at Olympia.
Media enquiries & press pass requests to :
Sharna Waid, PR Executive
t: +44 (0)1273 645144
Exhibitor enquiries to :
David Maguire, Group Event Director
t: +44 (0)1273 645127
High res show photos are available upon request:
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, and Nailsworth. Diversified UK’s portfolio includes SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; Accountex; office*; Casual Dining; lunch!; Commercial Kitchen; Natural & Organic Products Europe; Nordic Organic Food Fair and Natural Products Scandinavia in Malmö, Sweden; camexpo; Natural Products News; Natural Beauty News; Geo Business; Ocean Business; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; Euro Bus Expo; Coach & Bus Live; British Tourism & Travel Show; Route One; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com .