Dreams Ltd outperforms big brand multi-channel retailers online
Beds and mattresses specialist Dreams Ltd has been identified as one of the highest performing beds retailers online, according to the latest market intelligence report by international digital marketing agency, Stickyeyes.
This comes following the recent news that Dreams has been sold to private equity firm Sun European. Despite speculation surrounding the sale, Dreams Ltd are trading as normal. The report, which covers the ‘beds’ online retail sector, outlines that the bed specialist’s website achieved over 400 individual number one positions within Google’s organic search engine, giving them an aggregated click share of 19.02%; over 7% ahead of second place Argos.
Dreams dominates organic keyword ‘beds’
- With a click share of 27%, Dreams’ domination of the beds sub-vertical is impressive with a strong 11% lead on second placed brand Argos
- A key feature of the Dreams search strategy is their extensive coverage of long-tail keywords which contributes 51% of their total click share within the beds sub-vertical
Amazon, Argos and John Lewis challenge top spot for sub-vertical mattresses
- Dreams lead the mattress market with a click-share of 19.36%, closely followed by Amazon, Argos and John Lewis
- These brands are among a wide range of non-specialist retailers who have significantly increased their aggression during 2012 in order to maximise exposure
Online market for beds and mattresses weathers tough market conditions
- The beds market is slowly recovering from the recession and is expected to grow to an estimated £1.54 billion in 2013
The internet is critical in terms of driving consumer in-store purchasing
- 41% of all consumers within the home furniture sector are using the internet to either buy directly online or to help facilitate their decision making where a purchase is then made later in store
Gary Robinson, Head of eCommerce at Dreams Ltd, comments: “Whilst the recent sale of our business meant some store closures, Dreams Ltd continues to trade without interruption both on the UK high street and online. The results of the report into our online operation further strengthen our position as Britain’s leading specialist bed retailer. We’ve seen a 175% increase in sales value generated from organic traffic, from 2011 to 2012, and we’re confident this trend will continue for the remainder of 2013.”
About the research:
The research, undertaken by Stickyeyes (between January 2012 and January 2013) looked at 1,117 keywords that were driving online consumer searches and assessed the organic search engine optimisation strategies for 100 of the industry’s leading online gambling brands, identifying what these brands were doing to achieve market share.
0113 391 2929
Dreams is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of beds and associated products with 171 stores across the UK, employing approximately 1,600 employees.