Karen K. Wiley, MSN, RN, CEN, Named 2016 President-elect of Emergency Nurses Association
June 12, 2015 – The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) today announced the newest members elected to ENA leadership positions. Karen K. Wiley, MSN, RN, CEN, of Omaha, Neb., will serve as the 2016 president-elect and the 2017 president of ENA, the largest professional association for emergency nurses. Wiley currently serves as ENA’s secretary/treasurer and has been a member of the ENA Board of Directors for four years.
Wiley is a staff nurse in the emergency department at CHI Health Immanuel in Omaha, Neb., and has been an active member of ENA on the state and national level for many years. She served on a number of diverse national committees and work teams including ENA’s government affairs committee, the emergency department violence work team and emergency department behavioral health committee.
Several other emergency nurses have also been elected to ENA leadership roles. Joan Somes, PhD, MSN, RNC, CEN, CPEN, FAEN, NREMT-P, of Apple Valley, Minn., will serve as ENA’s secretary/treasurer from January to December 2016.
Three new directors were also elected to serve three-year terms on ENA’s Board of Directors, beginning in 2016. The new directors are:
- Maureen Curtis Cooper, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, FAEN, of Malden, Mass.
- Sally K. Snow, BSN, RN, CPEN, FAEN, of Fort Worth, Texas
- Michael A. Hastings, MS, RN, CEN, of Edmonds, Wash.
Four emergency nurses were elected to serve two-year terms on the ENA Nominations and Election Committee starting in October. These regional representatives are:
- Karen Silady, MN, RN, CEN, of Kenner, La., will represent members in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas
- Kristie Noelle Gallagher, MSN, RN, CEN, NRP, of Toledo, Ohio will represent members in Delaware, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, D.C., and internationally
- Ryan Oglesby, PhD, MHA, RN, CEN, NEA-BC, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. will represent members in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- Mary Ellen (Mel) Wilson, MS, RN, CEN, COHN-S, FNP-C, FAEN, of Brunswick, Ohio will advise the Nominations and Election Committee serving in the Past Board Member position.
More information about the newly-elected can be found here: https://www.ena.org/about/elections/Pages/Instructions.aspx.
Communications & PR Manager, ENA
About the Emergency Nurses Association
The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is the premier professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing through advocacy, education, research, innovation, and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA has proven to be an indispensable resource to the global emergency nursing community. With more than 40,000 members worldwide, ENA advocates for patient safety, develops industry-leading practice standards and guidelines, and guides emergency healthcare public policy. ENA members have expertise in triage, patient care, disaster preparedness, and all aspects of emergency care. Additional information is available at www.ena.org.