Eniro acquires 48.1% of bubblare.se

Eniro is increasing its investment in dynamic content in its Internet services with the acquisition of 48.1% of the shares in Netclips AB, which owns the video community bubblare.se. In conjunction with the purchase, Eniro will receive an option to acquire the remaining 51.9% of the shares.

At bubblare.se, users can view others’ home videos and upload their own.

“We see exciting opportunities in video communities, video searches and video advertising. With this acquisition, we can increase the dynamic content of our services, primarily on our portals, but also in search services, such as eniro.se. Bubblare.se is a popular site in Sweden and will generate additional traffic to Eniro’s other services,” says Cecilia Geijer, Vice President of Eniro and soon to be Chairman of the Board of Directors of Netclips.

Bubblare is an Internet site where anyone can upload their film clips and view other people’s clips. Bubblare was the first site in Sweden with such user-generated video and currently has a leading position as Sweden’s largest video community.

“I am extremely pleased with this partnershiop and look forward to working with Eniro to develop Bubblare as a video community and Netclips as the Nordic region’s leading supplier of user-generated video,” says Oskar Kalmaru, President of Netclips.

The option to acquire the remaining 51.9 percent of the shares in Netclip AB may be utilized in 18 months at the earliest and not later than 24 months. Bubblare.se was started on September 1, 2006 and is also established in Norway, Finland and Denmark.

About Us

Eniro is a search company that aggregates, filters and organizes local information. Our growth is driven by users’ increasing mobility and multiscreen behavior, where we are at the forefront with modern technical solutions. For more than 100 years Eniro has helped people find local information and companies find customers. Today it is a multiscreen solution – our users search for information using their smart phones, tablets and desktops. Mobile advertising is today the fastest growing part of Eniro’s business. Eniro is the local search engine. A smart shortcut to what you need, no matter where you are or where you are going. Eniro is one of the largest search companies in the Nordic region and Poland. The company has approximately 2,000 employees and has been listed on NASDAQ Stockholm since 2000. During 2014, Eniro revenues amounted to SEK 3,002m and EBITDA was SEK 631m. Approximately 88 percent of Eniro advertising revenues come from multiscreen channels. The company’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden. More on Eniro at www.enirogroup.com. Eniro – Discover local. Search local.

Subscribe

Documents & Links