Entrada Group Podcasts: Mexican Government Official on Querétaro and Why Aerospace is Just the Tip of the Iceberg
July 1, 2014 (Austin, TX) – Entrada Group presents the latest installment of its offshore manufacturing podcast series: “ Flying High: How Querétaro Became a Leading Global Manufacturing Location .”
In this podcast, Doug Donahue, Principal and Vice President of Business Development for Entrada Group, talks with Hugo Mandujano, Director of Investment Promotion for the State of Querétaro, about the drivers behind the staggering growth in the Central Mexico city and state of Querétaro. Mandujano details:
- The state of Querétaro’s remarkable economic performance over the past decade, and the factors that led to it: From 428 companies to over 1,300; FDI growth of 208%; GDP that doubled to $24.8 billion; and an increase in GDP per capita of 74%.
- The two other important cities in the state of Querétaro that offer strategic advantages for sub-tier suppliers;
- How the state’s central location and access to 45 million people within a 350-kilometer radius equates to a strong workforce;
- The cultural and quality-of-life factors that make Querétaro so appealing for expats; and
- A new announcement about the first fully American university campus in Mexico, which will be based in Querétaro.
Hugo’s professional experience includes promoting development in the Mexican private and public sectors, as well as working with international companies to help them establish operations in Mexico. He was previously Quality Insurance Supervisor at Chevron Phillips, and helped Norgren establish operations in Mexico. He earned his MBA from Barcelona University.
Note to editors: The podcast is divided into Part 1 (manufacturing strengths, commercial opportunities and location) and Part 2 (life and education in Querétaro). Your readers may download the podcast audio file and transcript at www.entradagroup.com/podcasts (registration required). Media members may request the audio or transcript for publication, citing Entrada Group as the source, by contacting us, below.
Phone (US): 1 315-395-3374
Phone (Europe): +32 9 26 20 330
About Entrada Group
Headquartered in Texas, Entrada Group partners with international manufacturers seeking to enhance their competitiveness in the global market by swiftly and easily establishing a cost-competitive production facility in Central Mexico to serve North and South American, as well as European, markets. On behalf of the manufacturer, Entrada Group assists with the strategic, legal and practical requirements of setting up operations in Mexico, and also provides ongoing production support (General & Administrative) services, which leaves the client free to focus fully on its key competency: manufacturing great products.