Ericsson chosen by KPN Mobile as primary UMTS supplier to networks in 3 countries

Ericsson chosen by KPN Mobile as primary UMTS supplier to networks in three countries Ericsson has been selected by KPN Mobile as primary supplier for its UMTS networks in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. Ericsson will be the sole supplier for the core network and is one of two suppliers for the radio network. Deliveries will begin in September to the three operators - KPN Mobile in the Netherlands, E-Plus in Germany, and KPN Orange in Belgium. Pilot portions of the networks will be in operation by the end of the year. With their three-country, one network strategy, KPN Mobile addresses a population of more than 16.5 million clients and becomes one of the largest operators in Europe, offering seamless 3G services throughout the three countries. "KPN naturally prides itself on its ability to provide the highest quality, innovative communications services," says Wim van den Berg, Vice President, Group Operations, KPN Mobile. "We have together with Ericsson, our long-standing supplier, been building up 3G competence with activities including just for example pre-studies, workshops, test systems, application development, and much more. We are convinced Ericsson is the right 3G partner for us." "We are delighted and honored that KPN has selected Ericsson when making this important choice. We will deliver the first 3G network for three countries," said Mats Dahlin, head of Ericsson Mobile Systems. "Ericsson and KPN enjoy a strong relationship, and this 3G agreement is a reaffirmation of Ericsson's strengths both as a communications technology leader and as a business partner with consistent and reliable solutions." Ericsson is shaping the future of Mobile and Broadband Internet communications through its continuous technology leadership. Providing innovative solutions in more than 140 countries, Ericsson is helping to create the most powerful communication companies in the world. Read more at http://www.ericsson.com/press FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT James Borup, Press Relations, Division Mobile Systems Ericsson Corporate Communications Phone: +46 70 590 9261; E-mail: james.borup@lme.ericsson.se Monique Mols, Press Manager, Ericsson (Netherlands) Phone: +31-6-21 89 71 07; E-mail: monique.mols@etm.ericsson.se Jens Kuerten, Manager, Public Relations, Ericsson (Germany) Phone: +49 211 534 1418; E-mail: jens.kuerten@edd.ericsson.se Peter Vandenberghe, Communications Manager, Ericsson (Belgium) Phone: +32 2 745 1353; E-mail: peter.vandenberghe@ebr.ericsson.se Carla van Lomwel, KPN Press Office Phone: +31 70 44 62 304 About KPN Mobile: KPN Mobile N.V. is a leading European mobile telecommunications network operator and provider of mobile voice and data services. KPN Mobile has its core activities in the Netherlands (KPN Mobile), Germany (E-Plus) and Belgium (KPN Orange). KPN has a 15% stake in Hutchison 3G UK in Great Britain (Hutchison 3G UK). Furthermore KPN Mobile still has participations in Hungary (Pannon), the Ukraine (UMC) and Indonesia (Telkomsel). KPN Mobile N.V. is an 85%-owned subsidiary of Royal KPN N.V. NTT DoCoMo owns the remaining 15%.

About Us

Ericsson is a world leader in communications technology and services with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Our organization consists of more than 111,000 experts who provide customers in 180 countries with innovative solutions and services. Together we are building a more connected future where anyone and any industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Net sales in 2016 were SEK 222.6 billion (USD 24.5 billion). The Ericsson stock is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and on NASDAQ in New York. Read more on www.ericsson.com.

Subscribe