Ericsson to enhance Batelco's network

Under the agreement, Ericsson will also expand coverage and capacity for Batelco to handle up to 650,000 subscribers.  Ericsson's Content Delivery solution for multimedia streaming and the latest charging system will enable the launch of new mobile services for Bahrain's users.

Ebrahim Zainal, General Manager Networks at Batelco, says: "This agreement is part of our ongoing strategic relationship with Ericsson and allows us to further enhance our networks while introducing state-of-the-art services and technology.

"We want to ensure the best quality for our subscribers and focus on maintaining an innovative portfolio of services for Bahraini users."

Johan Lojdquist, General Manager, Ericsson Bahrain, says: "We are honored by Batelco's confidence in choosing Ericsson as a strategic partner in the evolution of their premium quality wireless network. The latest technology will allow them to boost their mobile communications capabilities and to launch new services, particularly for business segments."

Ericsson is the market leader in softswitch solutions for both fixed and mobile networks. More than 55 fixed and mobile operators worldwide have commercially launched services based on Ericsson's softswitch solutions.

Ericsson is shaping the future of Mobile and Broadband Internet communications through its continuous technology leadership. Providing innovative solutions in more than 140 countries, Ericsson is helping to create the most powerful communication companies in the world.

Read more at http://www.ericsson.com


FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT

Ericsson Media Relations
Phone: +46 8 719 69 92
E-mail: press.relations@ericsson.com


About Batelco

Batelco (Bahrain Telecommunications Company), the leading telecommunications provider in the Kingdom of Bahrain, was established in 1981 as a Bahraini shareholding company. Over the years, Batelco has enjoyed a reputation for providing world-class telecommunications and information services to Bahrain and the region. Batelco's shareholders include the Government of Bahrain, public institutions, leading financial and commercial organizations, and Bahraini and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) citizens. Between them, they own 80 percent of the shares, with Cable & Wireless (UK) owning the remaining 20 percent. Batelco's activities are not limited to the local market but also overseas, through participation in key investment initiatives for developing regional and international telecommunications between GCC states and other countries. Batelco continuously seeks to develop new growth opportunities in the field of multimedia and telecommunications. Batelco has joint ventures in Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt for the provision of internet access and data communications services.

About Ericsson's softswitch solutions

Ericsson's softswitch solutions are commercially proven systems that maintain and extend operator revenues. They provide a low-risk evolution of existing circuit-switched networks to an all-IP multi-service platform. They offer operators the opportunity to utilize network resources for next-generation services in the most cost-efficient way, while continuing to profit from classic voice services. More than 55 fixed and mobile operators worldwide have commercially launched services based on Ericsson's softswitch solutions.

About Us

Ericsson is a world leader in communications technology and services with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Our organization consists of more than 111,000 experts who provide customers in 180 countries with innovative solutions and services. Together we are building a more connected future where anyone and any industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Net sales in 2016 were SEK 222.6 billion (USD 24.5 billion). The Ericsson stock is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and on NASDAQ in New York. Read more on www.ericsson.com.

Subscribe