LunarMobil launches new unique prepaid card for young people

Sweden's most important site for young people now accessible using mobile phones LunarMobil launches new unique prepaid card for young people Sweden's most popular Internet meeting place for young people, LunarStorm, with over 800,000 members, is to launch its own prepaid card today. LunarMobil's prepaid card injects mobility into the youth portal, making its mobile services constantly available to members. LunarMobil's first mobile offering is a competitively priced prepaid card available to everybody, which is also uniquely tailored in such a way that LunarStorm members have access to the site's different services. "We are of course delighted to be able to offer a prepaid card affiliated with LunarStorm. This will increase accessibility to LunarStorm, and this is just the beginning of the developments," says Martin Åkesson, MD of LunarMobil. The unique services offered by LunarMobil's prepaid card are SMS-based in order to increase availability among young people, who are also fuelling developments where mobile services are concerned. The start-up package will cost around SEK 295, including SEK 200 worth of calls. The prepaid card will be launched primarily on LunarStorm's site on 2 July, and the launch campaign will continue with a series of events around Sweden during July and August. "We want to offer our members the possibility of reaching LunarStorm, even when they do not have access to a computer connected to the Internet, so that they may access the site's various services. We have opted for the prepaid card form because that's what young people use today. However, should demand also emerge for a subscription form, we will probably develop that too," says Martin Åkesson. For more information, please contact: Martin Åkesson, MD, LunarMobil Tel.: +46 709 61 40 15, e-mail: martin.akesson@lunarmobil.se Mikael Josander, head of business development, LunarMobil Tel.: +46 709 72 52 00, e-mail: mikael.josander@lunarmobil.se Anders Sjöholm, head of the Service Provision business area, Europolitan Vodafone Tel.: +46 708-33 10 22, e-mail: anders.sjoholm@europolitan.se LunarMobil Sverige AB is a mobile Service Provider 51 per cent owned by Europolitan Vodafone, and 49 per cent owned by LunarWorks. The company operates in Varberg and Karlskrona. LunarMobil develops unique mobile services geared to LunarStorm and young people in Sweden. Its strength and potential lie in the development of services that customers demand, based on technology that everybody is familiar with. Combined with a strong focus on the company's vision to become the fastest growing mobile brand in Sweden, LunarMobil is a challenging newcomer that makes the mobile market much more fun. For more information, please see www.lunarstorm.se and www.lunarmobil.se. Europolitan Vodafone is a mobile operator with a license to build 3G mobile telecoms networks. Our strength lies in our focus on developing international services, service and quality. Europolitan Vodafone employs some 1,400 people. Europolitan Vodafone is listed on the Attract 40 list of the OM Stock Exchange through Europolitan Holdings AB. The company's majority owner is Vodafone of the UK, with 71 per cent of Europolitan Holdings. The remaining 29 per cent is owned by private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds. The Vodafone Group is represented on 5 continents and has around 80 million customers (proportional number of customers calculated on the basis of ownership). For more information, please visit www.europolitan.se and www.vodafone.com. Europolitan Vodafone is listed on the Attract 40 list of the OM Stock Exchange through Europolitan Holdings AB. The company's principal owner is the UK company Vodafone with 71 per cent of Europolitan Holdings. Private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds own the remaining 29 per cent. The Vodafone Group is represented on 5 continents and has around 80 million customers (proportional number of customers calculated on the basis of the ownership share). For more information, please visit www.europolitan.se and www.vodafone.com. ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net The following files are available for download: http://www.bit.se/bitonline/2001/07/02/20010702BIT00800/bit0002.doc http://www.bit.se/bitonline/2001/07/02/20010702BIT00800/bit0002.pdf

Subscribe