Interim report, January – June 2013
- Orders received MSEK 1,551 (1,659). After adjustment for currency effects, orders received have decreased by 3% compared with the previous year.
- Net Sales MSEK 1,430 (1,539). After adjustment for currency effects, sales have decreased by 3%.
- Operating profit MSEK 85.3 (105.0), an operating margin of 6.0 (6.8) %.
- Profit after tax MSEK 55 (59.4).
- Earnings per share SEK 4.36 (4.71).
- During the quarter, I-Valo Oy was acquired in Finland.
Comments by CEO Johan Hjertonsson:
- The demand in the late-cycle Indoor Lighting and Retail Lighting Business Areas is stable at a low level, which is in line with previous assessments, and we believe that the market is likely to continue to be weak during the second half year.
- A positive level of orders received was seen in the second quarter, MSEK 818 (861), which is an increase of 12% compared with the first quarter 2013. This is a decline compared with the strong comparative period Q2 2012 which had been largely due to the strong Swedish krona.
- An improved operating profit in the second quarter compared with the previous year, MSEK 50.9 (44.7).
- The lower level of sales has been compensated for through costs savings and a stronger gross margin during the second quarter.
- Strong cash flow from the on-going operations during the quarter.
- I-Valo Oy was acquired during the quarter and compliments the Group’s offering to heavy industry.
Disclosures may be submitted by
Johan Hjertonsson CEO tel: 46 36 10 87 06 mobile: 46 70 229 77 93 e-mail: email@example.com
Håkan Gabrielsson CFO tel: 46 8 52 23 59 48 mobile: 46 70 84 40 918 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fagerhult is one of Europe’s leading lighting groups with approximately 2,200 employees and operations in 20 countries. We create modern products and exciting, energy-efficient and environmentally-adapted lighting installations, successfully integrated into their individual environments. The Group includes such strong brands as Fagerhult, Ateljé Lyktan, LTS, Whitecroft Lighting, Designplan Lighting and I-Valo. AB Fagerhult is listed on the Nasdaq OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm.