INTERIM REPORT CHRONTECH PHARMA JANUARY-MARCH 2011
- Research and development costs amounted to SEK 3.8 (1.8) m
- The loss after tax was SEK -5.0 (-2.7) m
- Earnings per share were SEK -0.06 (-0.04)
- The company had no net sales for the period
- Of six patients with genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C virus infection treated with standard of care treatment following participation in a clinical trial with four ChronVac-C® vaccinations, five have been cured, i.e. are virus free six months after completed treatment. These are unusually good treatment results for patients carrying the hard-to-treat variant of hepatitis C-virus called genotype 1.
- ChronTech has received permission for starting a controlled phase IIb clinical study of ChronVac-C® in combination with standard-of-care
- ChronTech has entered as a partner in a collaborative project to improve on HCV vaccines with Karolinska Institutet, University of Gothenburg, and Vecura, which is funded by Vinnova by up to SEK 4.5 m. The project started in November 2010 and lasts for three years.
Events after the end of the reporting period
- ChronTech Pharma AB has signed a collaboration agreement with Transgene S.A. (Euronext Paris: FR0005175080) and Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex: INO) to evaluate a novel therapeutic vaccination strategy against genotype 1 hepatitis C virus (HCV) in a phase I clinical study.
For more information, please contact:
Anders Vahlne, CEO and Head of Research, ChronTech Pharma AB
Tel: +46 8 5858 1313, mobile phone: +46 709 28 05 28,
ChronTech develops the therapeutic DNA vaccines ChronVac-C® and ChronVac-B drugs against chronic hepatitis C virus and hepatitis B virus infections, i.e. chronic infections with jaundice causing viruses which can lead to liver cirrhosis and liver cancer. ChronTech has also developed and further develops a patent pending new type of injection needle for a more effective uptake of DNA vaccines. ChronTech also have part ownership in the wound healing therapy ChronSeal®, and in the new platform technology RAS®. The ChronTech share is admitted to trade on First North. Remium AB is Certified Adviser for ChronTech. For more information, please visit: www.chrontech.se
In the event of any discrepancy between the Swedish and English versions of this press release, the Swedish version will take precedence.