The Felix Schoeller Photo Award Presents: Humanity Photo Awards 2015
Osnabrück, 15 January, 2015
The Felix Schoeller Photo Award 2015 has set greater focus on attracting even more international participation. With success, as the recent feedback and entries prove. We have also received numerous works from Asia. Among others, the China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) encouraged its members to take part in this year’s Felix Schoeller Photo Award. We would like to thank the CFPA for the enthusiasm and support regarding our international Award for professional photographers. In return, we would like to recommend the Humanity Photo Awards (HPA).
The Humanity Photo Awards (HPA) is a renowned photography contest, which is focusing on folklore cultures, tradition, festivities and ancient customs. It is supported by the UNESCO. Both amateur and professional photographers are allowed to participate. More information regarding the HPA2015 can be found at http://2015.hpa.org.cn, and in the subsequent HPA press release. Entry deadline is the 15th of April, 2015.
HPA2015 Call For Entries
The Humanity Photo Awards (HPA) is a biennial photography contest focusing on folklore cultures, including portrait & costume, architecture, living Custom, production & commerce, festivities and traditional rites. It was founded in 1998 by China Folklore Photographic Association and was blessed with UNESCO’s support since its 2nd session in 2000. HPA aims to encourage photographers, both amateur and professional, all over the world to document folklore cultures in an extensive and profound way. It is committed to the promotion of recording, spreading, exchanging and sharing of diverse cultures with images and videos. During the past 16 years, photographers from 153 countries have participated in HPA and HPA has accumulated images about folklore phenomena of 168 countries and regions in the world.
What makes it unique is that it has the following five features:
1. It is the only photo contest devoted to folklore cultures around the world;
2. It is organized by China Folklore Photographic Association in cooperation with UNESCO and NGO-UNESCO Liaison Committee;
3. It is a free-entry contest, open to all people who love cultures and want to contribute to the recording and safeguarding of cultures through photos;
4. It only accepts photo stories/portfolios (8-14 pictures for each photo set);
5. It provides transport allowance for more than 66 prize-winning photographers so that they can attend the Award Ceremony in China, which allows them to share cultures and make friends with photographers around the world.
Five awards will be offered in accordance with the judging criteria: Grand Awards, Documentary Awards, Jury’s Special Awards, Nomination Awards and Performance Awards. All prize-winning photographers will be invited to attend the award ceremony and related events that last for 3 to 6 days. 6 Grand Awards winners will receive 2,000$ of cash prize and transport allowance.
1) Entry period: September 16, 2014 — April 15, 2015
2) How to enter: sign up and submit entries at http://2015.hpa.org.cn
3) Rules on entries: each entrant can submit 3 sets of photos at most; each set should consist of 8-14 photos.
Tel: 86 10 62252175
Face Book: China Folklore Photographic Association
Graef Advertising GmbH | Kollegienwall 3-4 | 49074 Osnabrück
phone 49 541 580548-0 | fax 49 541 580548-99
www.graef-advertising.com | email@example.com
Amtsgericht Osnabrück HRB 201542 | Ust.-IdNr. DE257274254
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter Hans-Joachim Graef