The Board of Directors proposes to the Annual General Meeting an amendment of the Articles of Association
Stock Exchange Release
The Board of Directors of Fortum Corporation proposes to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on 28 March 2007 that the Annual General Meeting would resolve to amend the company’s present Articles of Association as follows:
1. The minimum and maximum capital requirements in Paragraph 3, sub-section 1 of the Articles of Association shall be deleted.
2. Paragraph 4 of the Articles of Association shall be amended so that the company's shares belong to the book-entry system in accordance with the provisions of the Finnish Act on Book-Entry System. Other sections in the paragraph shall be deleted.
3. Paragraphs 9 and 11 of the Articles of Association shall be amended so that instead of signing for the company the term "representing the company" adopted under the new Finnish Companies Act shall be used.
4. Paragraph 18, sub-section 1, point 1 of the Articles of Association shall be amended so that at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders the financial statements, which include consolidated financial statements and the Operating and Financial Review, shall be presented; and points 4 and 5 so that at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders the adoption of the financial statements and consolidated financial statements as well as the use of the profit shown in the balance sheet shall be decided on.
5. Paragraphs 19-32 of the Articles of the Association relating to redemption of shares are proposed to be deleted since the Finnish Securities Markets Act includes a corresponding mandatory provision.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
Helsinki Stock Exchange