Framtidsfabriken expands to France

Framtidsfabriken expands to France Stockholm, August 17, 1999 Framtidsfabriken has signed a letter of intent to acquire the French Internet company Wcube and thereby establish a strong presence in France. Framtidsfabriken has signed a letter of intent to acquire Wcube, a full service Internet company based in Paris. Established in 1995, Wcube has 40 employees and provides digital services to corporations such as Johnson & Johnson, Pernod Ricard, Bouygues, Silicon Graphics, Atlas Copco, the Red Cross and France Telecom. The acquisition further strengthens Framtidsfabriken's position as a leading European Internet services company with offices in Sweden, Denmark, the UK and France. Framtidsfabriken intends to continue expanding in Europe and in the United States. After the initial investment, the company will have 95 percent of the shares in Wcube with an option to acquire the remaining 5 percent in the first quarter of 2001. With Danish Networkers and British Vivid Edge this becomes the company's third European acquisition since May this year. "At this moment France is one of the fastest growing markets in Europe. Since Wcube has a leading position in the French market, and the French market has a vital position in southern Europe, this deal is an important step forward in our European expansion", says Jonas Birgersson, CEO of Framtidsfabriken. Wcube will be Framtidsfabriken's base for expansion in southern Europe. The deal provides Wcube with the resources necessary to expand its business. "Framtidsfabriken and Wcube share the same culture and vision. We strongly believe in Framtidsfabriken approach, methodology and process. We are very excited at the opportunity to partner with the premier interactive firm in Sweden and to become the southern Europe development spearhead. With resources and expertise across Europe, we see terrific opportunities to play a vital role in the evolving network economy ", say Wcube founders Christophe Chatillon and Laurent Lathieyre. Wcube is publishing a series of white papers ("Livrets Blancs") on issues such as interactive strategies and e-commerce solutions. These studies are very well received by French managers. The next paper on intranets is expected in September. Enskilda Securities is acting as financial adviser to Framtidsfabriken in connection with this transaction. For more information please contact: Jonas Birgersson, Framtidsfabriken, +46 (0) 46 286 33 03, jonas.birgersson@framfab.se Christophe Chatillon, chris@wcube.fr, or Laurent Lathieyre, lol@wcube.fr, Wcube, +33 (0) 1 55 48 11 00 www.framfab.se , www.wcube.fr Framtidsfabriken's business concept is to create new business for the evolving network economy through digital and interactive services. Framtidsfabriken today has 380 employees spread over ten offices located in Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Linköping, London, Lund, Malmö and Stockholm. Framtidsfabriken is the general supplier of Internet services to Volvo Car Corporation, the National Power Administration, IKEA and Electrolux. Among our other clients are Astra, GE Capital, the SAAB Group, Tele Danmark and Unibank. Framtidsfabriken is listed on Stockholm Stock Exchanges's O-list. ------------------------------------------------------------ Please visit http://www.bit.se for further information The following files are available for download: http://www.bit.se/bitonline/1999/08/17/19990817BIT00050/bit0001.doc http://www.bit.se/bitonline/1999/08/17/19990817BIT00050/bit0002.pdf

Subscribe