Framtidsfabriken Finalizes French Acquisition

Framtidsfabriken Finalizes French Acquisition Based in Paris and established in 1995, Wcube has 41 employees and provides digital services to corporations such as Johnson & Johnson, Pernod Ricard, Bouygues, Silicon Graphics, Atlas Copco, the Red Cross and France Telecom. The net consideration for 95 percent of the shares in Wcube amounts to FRF 36 million paid in cash and Framtidsfabriken shares. The management of the company holds the remaining 5 percent of the shares in Wcube. Framtidsfabriken will purchase these in the first quarter of 2001 at a price determined by the revenue and profitability of Wcube during the year 2000. The French company will initially be known as Framfab Wcube. With Danish Networkers and British Vivid Edge, this becomes Framtidsfabriken's third finalized acquisition outside Sweden since May this year. "At this moment France is one of the fastest growing markets in Europe. Since Wcube has a leading position in the French market, and the French market has a vital position in southern Europe, this deal is an important step forward in our European expansion," Jonas Birgersson, CEO of Framtidsfabriken said when the deal was announced. "Framtidsfabriken and Wcube share the same culture and vision. We strongly believe in Framtidsfabriken's approach, methodology and process. We are very excited at the opportunity to partner with the premier interactive firm in Sweden and to become the southern Europe development spearhead. With resources and expertise across Europe, we see terrific opportunities to play a vital role in the evolving network economy," Wcube founders Christophe Chatillon and Laurent Lathieyre said. Framtidsfabriken intends to continue expanding in Europe and in the United States. Enskilda Securities has acted as financial adviser to Framtidsfabriken in connection with this transaction. For more information please contact: Mattias Söderhielm, Mergers and Acquisitions, Framtidsfabriken, +46 70 94 121 12, mattias.soderhielm@framfab.se, or Martin Anderlind, Market Communications, Framtidsfabriken, +46 70 658 85 42, martin.anderlind@framfab.se, www.framfab.se Christophe Chatillon, chris@wcube.fr, or Laurent Lathieyre, lol@wcube.fr, Wcube, +33 1 55 48 11 00, www.wcube.fr Framtidsfabriken's business concept is to create new business for the evolving network economy through digital and interactive services. Framtidsfabriken today has 550 employees divided among 15 offices located in Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Linköping, London, Lund, Malmö, Paris, Stockholm and Västerås. Framtidsfabriken is the general supplier of Internet services to Volvo Car Corporation, the Volvo Group, the National Power Administration, IKEA and Electrolux. Among our other clients are AstraZeneca, GE Capital, the SAAB Group, Tele Danmark and Unibank. Framtidsfabriken is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange "O" list (ticker FTID). ------------------------------------------------------------ Please visit http://www.bit.se for further information The following files are available for download: http://www.bit.se/bitonline/1999/09/29/19990929BIT00240/bit0001.doc http://www.bit.se/bitonline/1999/09/29/19990929BIT00240/bit0002.pdf

Subscribe