Press Announcement: Final Conference of the Astana EXPO-2017 Future Energy Forum "Creating Our Future" 4-5 September 2017
The twelfth and final conference "Creating Our Future", taking place on September 4th – 5th, will be an extensive interaction between the activities, visions, technologies, and interdisciplinary dialogue of the Astana EXPO-2017 Future Energy Forum. In attendance will be current and former national and international heads of state, Nobel Laureates, leading experts of science and industry – in short the world‘s energy community, who will come together to compile and demonstrate the ideas, knowledge, and solutions that have been presented and developed throughout the forum.
On September 4th, the conference will start with a Grand Opening consisting of public representatives of the Republic of Kazakhstan, international politicians and scientists, Nobel Laureates, and members of the international Steering Committee. The Grand Opening will feature:
- Askar Mamin, First Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
- Akhmetzhan Yessimov, National Company Chairman of the Board Astana EXPO-2017
- Kanat Bozumbayev, Minister of Energy of Kazakhstan
- Timur Kulibayev, Chairman of KAZENERGY
- Umirzak Shukeyev, Chairman of the Management Board of the JSC Samruk-Kazyna
- Prof Dr Klaus Töpfer, Founding Director, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS)
- Dr Behjat Al Yousuf, Rector of the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
- Prof George F. Smoot, Nobel Laureate in Physics
- Timur Toktabaev, Vice Minister of Investments and Development of Republic of Kazakhstan
- Malika Bekturova, Deputy Mayor of Astana
- Zhenis Oserbay, Chairman of the Board, United Chemical Company
- Nursultan Dzhienbayev, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors „Kazakh Invest“
- Audris Barcevičius, General Director, Siemens Kazakhstan
The twelfth Future Energy Forum "Creating Our Future" is a call to action. In addition to the expert plenary sessions, keynotes, and workshops made up of world-class experts, five working sessions on various chapters of the Manifesto of Principles and Values will also take place throughout the two days of the conference. These sessions are clustered around the main focal points of the past eleven Future Energy Forums, namely New Business Models & Financing, Technology, Education, Participation & Collaboration, Urban Future & Mobility and Transparency & Participation – Politics, Economy & Power.
Furthermore, the Manifesto of Values and Principles draft will be discussed during each working table session benefiting from the unique opportunity the Astana EXPO-2017 offers in terms of concentrating knowledge, expertise and experience from all over the globe and the Republic of Kazakhstan. During the closing ceremony of the Future Energy Forum on September 5th, Steering Committee members will deliver the Manifesto draft to Akhmetzhan Yessimov, National Company Chairman of the Board Astana EXPO-2017.
The event is free of charge; visit www.futureenergyforum.org to register.
The twelve Future Energy Forum conferences take place in the Astana EXPO-2017 Congress Center. They set the stage for international participation and cooperation to discuss energy as the defining issue of our time. In the press area of the Future Energy Forum website you will find high-resolution pictures as well as detailed information about the conference series.
For further questions and interview requests with one of our speakers, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astana EXPO-2017 Future Energy Forum
Building the Future. Saving the Planet.