MILLIONS OF COLLEGE GRADS JOBLESS, CREATIVE SELF-EMPLOYMENT CRUCIAL FOR FAMILIES
Internet Entrepreneur’s New Book Details Ways to Make Money with Little or No Start-Up Costs
NEW YORK, NY (April 27)—Next month over 3 million young people will graduate from college, and it is projected that 80% of them—2.4 million—will move back home with their parents, many without jobs. Internet entrepreneur Marc Ostrofsky says that starting a business at home costs just pennies, and can help families make ends meet in this tough economy.
“As the characters in the film The Social Network said, you either get a job or create a job,” said Ostrofsky, who has been an online entrepreneur for over 20 years. His sale of the domain name Business.com is in the Guinness Book of World Records, and his current companies (including SummerCamps.com, CuffLinks.com, Blinds.com, and eTickets.com) net over $75 million annually.
In his new book GET RICH CLICK! The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet, Ostrofsky offers his tried-and-true advice on starting an online business. “Today you don’t need more than Internet access and a smartphone to start working and seeing results,” he said. “It’s a fantastic opportunity: parents can earn additional revenue to help their family, and graduates can launch their dream business from their childhood bedroom to help pay the bills.”
Among the techniques Ostrofsky advocates and describes in-depth in the book:
- How to sell items online using just a photo, requiring no money up front.
- How people are using blogs, e-mail, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube to find customers and promote their products.
- How to outsource parts of your business to other men and women working online around the world to keep your new business’ expenses low.
- How to make a full-time living from home writing and creating instructional e-books.
- How anyone can buy Internet “traffic” for a few cents per visitor and re-sell it for 5x, 10x or even 25x the amount paid
- How to earn income by providing business and customer leads to other websites
This information is critical for so many people in these tough economic times, whether they are students just starting out in the working world, or parents trying to bring in extra money for their family.
“The real e-commerce boom is just beginning,” said Ostrofsky, “and there are abundant opportunities for motivated and enthusiastic entrepreneurs.”
# # #
Angela Hayes, Goldberg McDuffie Communications, 212-705-4221, firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Beatie, Goldberg McDuffie Communications, 818-678-6288, email@example.com