Annual Report 2006
• Sales rose MSEK 404 (5%) to MSEK 7 890 (7 486). The increase amounted to 6% after adjusting for changes in currency exchange rates. Order intake increased MSEK 291 (4%) to MSEK 7 883 (7 592). The increase amounted to 5% after adjusting for changes in currency exchange rates.
• Earnings after tax totaled MSEK 310 (270). Earnings per share totaled SEK 13.96 (12.19).
• Operating income excluding restructuring costs totaled MSEK 419 (419). The operating margin was 4.9% (5.2). Operating income totaled MSEK 390 (391).
• Operating income for the Commercial Vehicle Systems (CVS) and Traction divisions improved.
• Earnings for the Wire Division fell MSEK 41. A decision was made during the year to implement a program of measures to make the division more profitable. MSEK 14 in restructuring costs were posted to Q2. The margins showed improvement during Q4.
• Return on capital employed (rolling 12 months) amounted to 11.5 % (12.3).
• One of CVS’s plants in North America was sold to improve the cost structure within the division. The bulk of the production has been relocated to an existing plant in the USA, and to China. The cost of the restructuring process totaled roughly MSEK 15.
• The Board of Directors has proposed a dividend of SEK 4.50 (4.00) per share.
Events after the year-end
• Haldex has signed an agreement to acquire Runguang Hydraulics, one of the leading suppliers of hydraulics products to the Chinese construction machinery industry. The company will have initial annual sales of approx. MSEK 130. The agreement was signed after year-end.
• Sales totaled MSEK 1 897 (1874).
• Earnings before tax totaled MSEK 76 (73). Last year’s earnings were encumbered by MSEK 26 in restructuring costs.
• Operating income totaled MSEK 90 (81). Operating income declined by MSEK 14 compared with the same quarter the year before, after adjusting for restructuring costs and changes in currency exchange rates.
For additional information, please contact Joakim Olsson, President and Group CEO, Stefan Johansson, CFO, or Lena Olofsdotter, CIO at tel. 08-545 049 50
Org. No. 551060-1155