HALDEX NINE-MONTH REPORT
January - September 2008
• Sales totaled SEK 6,539 m (5,985). Adjusted for currency exchange rates, sales rose 14%. Order intake totaled SEK 6,401 m (6,077). After adjustments for currency exchange rates, the increase was 9%.
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 6.42 (5.97).
• Operating income* and the operating margin* amounted to SEK 324 m (243) and 5.0% (4.1) respectively.
• In order to adjust the cost structure to the current demand, Haldex has launched a cost reduction program, including a reduction of the number of employees by approximately 700.
• Earnings in Garphyttan Wire continued to be strong. The operating margin was 10.1% (3.2).
• Cash Flow from operating activities was strong in the period amounting to SEK 634 m (22).
• On April 1, Haldex completed the acquisition of Concentric, a world-leading supplier of oil, water and fuel pumps for midsize and large diesel engines for trucks and construction machinery. The integration is running ahead of plan.
• Sales and operating income* are expected to increase compared to 2007 (excluding restructuring costs), which means that the prior outlook is revised due to the decline in demand. For more information, refer to Revised Outlook for 2008, page 12.
* Excluding amortization of acquisition-related surplus values.