Handelsbanken: The Nordic warrant market 2005
- Warrant turnover in the Nordic region increased by 9% in 2005. Turnover rose by 33% in Finland and 57% in Norway; in Sweden it decreased by 9%.
- In Finland and Norway, turnover was at record levels.
- Handelsbanken Capital Markets was the largest player on the overall Nordic market, with a share of 42.5%. Handelsbanken Capital Markets had a market share of 43.2% in Sweden, 36.5% in Finland and 100% in Norway.
- Turnover was the highest in Ericsson and OMXS30(TM) warrants in Sweden, in Nokia and DAX® warrants in Finland, and in Norsk Hydro and Tomra warrants in Norway.
- At year-end 2005, there were 2,694 warrants on the three markets - an increase of 39%. There were 2,269 warrants in Sweden, 342 in Finland and 83 in Norway.
- In total, 3,387 warrants were listed in 2005. This is a record, and an increase of 54%. There were 2,759 warrants listed in Sweden, 577 in Finland and 51 in Norway.
For further information, please contact: <!-- hugin-supplied --><br> <!-- hugin-supplied --><br> Peter Frösell <!-- hugin-supplied --><br> Structured Derivatives, Handelsbanken Capital Markets <!-- hugin-supplied --><br> Tel: +46 8 701 3122