Highlights of Handelsbanken’s Annual Report January - December 2017
Summary January – December 2017, compared with January – December 2016
- Operating profit rose by 2% to SEK 21,025m (20,633); adjusted for non-recurring items, it rose by 3%.
- The period’s profit after tax for total operations decreased by 1% to SEK 16,102m (16,245).
- Earnings per share for total operations decreased to SEK 8.28 (8.43).
- Return on equity for total operations declined to 12.3% (13.1).
- Income increased by 2% to SEK 41,674m (40,763), but after adjustment for non-recurring items, it grew by 5%.
- Net interest income increased by 7% to SEK 29,766m (27,943).
- Net fee and commission income rose by 6% to SEK 9,718m (9,156).
- Continued growth in lending and growth in assets under management in all home markets.
- The C/I ratio rose to 45.5% (45.2).
- The loan loss ratio went down to 0.08% (0.09).
- The common equity tier 1 ratio decreased to 22.7% (25.1) after proposed dividend and the total capital ratio was 28.3% (31.4).
- The Board is proposing an ordinary dividend of SEK 5,50 per share and an extra dividend of SEK 2,00 per share and that the existing mandate to repurchase shares is extended for a further year.
Summary of Q4 2017, compared with Q3 2017
- Operating profit decreased by 8% to SEK 4,997m (5,424).
- The period’s profit after tax for total operations declined by 10% to SEK 3,762m (4,173), and earnings per share fell to SEK 1.93 (2.15).
- Return on equity for total operations was 11.2% (12.9).
- Income rose to SEK 11,152m (10,248).
- Net interest income grew by 3% to SEK 7,777m (7,587).
- The C/I ratio increased to 45.5% (45.0).
- The loan loss ratio increased to 0.22% (0.04), with the increase being wholly attributable to two exposures.
The slide presentation for today’s press conference will be available at 07.00 CET at handelsbanken.se/ireng
For further information, please contact:
Anders Bouvin, President and Group Chief Executive
Tel: +46 (0)8 22 92 20
Rolf Marquardt, CFO
Tel: +46 (0)8 22 92 20
Lars Höglund, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46 (0)8 701 51 70, email@example.com
This information is of the type that Handelsbanken is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07.00 CET on 7 February 2018.
For more information about Handelsbanken, please go to: handelsbanken.com