An offer to all shareholders in Koverta AB

An offer to all shareholders in Konverta AB having share holdings in Hexagon AB, being the equivalent of 38% of the number of votes per share On the initiative of Torbjörn Ek and other major shareholders in Konverta, an offer has been made today by Melker Schörling (via the company) for the acquisition of all shares in Konverta. The Board of Konverta has unanimously recommended the shareholders to accept the offer. Subject to the offer receiving the necessary acceptance, Melker Schörling will retain 70% of the shares in Konverta, and the remaining 30 % will be owned by Sven Ohlsson, Maths O Sundqvist and Börje Andersson. Torbjörn Ek is the Managing Director of Konverta and Chairman of the Board of th Hexagon. He will shortly celebrate his 65 birthday and has announced that he would like to relinquish the position of Managing Director in the Autumn as well as the position as Chairman in Hexagon as from the Annual General Meeting in the Spring of 1999. Sven Ohlsson will be nominated as the new Chairman of Hexagon. Melker Schörling and the other parties intend that Konverta shall: continue to be a solid and long term owner of Hexagon and, by virtue of their activity on the Board, will contribute to the realisation of their strategic objective - Vision 2000 develop Konverta to encompass additional commitments where the experience of the company and the expertise within the company's development can be utilised In a statement Torbjörn Ek said: "For me it is important that any questions of succession in companies are resolved with great care, both when it comes to the principal ownership and to management. Konverta is facing a new phase of its development. It should be managed by someone who can accept sustainable responsibility. I am delighted that with Melker Schörling at the helm of a competent and experienced 'quartet' of owners we have found a perfect solution for the future ownership of Konverta." Landskrona 8 June 1998 HEXAGON AB Börje Andersson Managing Director For further information please contact: Torbjörn Ek, telephone +46 8 13 68 81 Börje Andersson, telephone +46 418 44 92 00

About Us

Hexagon is a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications. Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information. They are used in a broad range of vital industries. Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 15,000 employees in 46 countries and net sales of approximately 2.6bn EUR. Learn more at www.hexagon.com.

Subscribe