Interim report January-September 2017
Third quarter 2017 – Increased sales and strong result
- Sales increased 7 per cent to 2,936 MSEK (2,742).
- Operating profit amounted to 470 MSEK (475).
- Operating margin amounted to 16.0 per cent (17.3).
- Profit after tax amounted to 333 MSEK (339).
- Earnings per share amounted to 0.97 SEK (0.98).
- Operating cash flow amounted to 534 MSEK (585).
Jan-Sep 2017 – Increased sales and higher result
- Sales increased 14 per cent to 9,304 MSEK (8,126).
- Operating profit increased 6 per cent to 1,519 MSEK (1,437).
- Operating margin amounted to 16.3 per cent (17.7).
- Profit after tax rose to 1,078 MSEK (1,023).
- Earnings per share increased 5 per cent to 3.13 SEK (2.97).
- Operating cash flow amounted to 1,392 MSEK (1,490).
- Mikael Fryklund appointed President and CEO, started July 1.
- In early April, Valley Processing, a well-known US Rubber Compounder, was acquired.
- March 31, Trelleborg’s Rubber Compounding unit in Czech Republic, a well-known Rubber Compounder in Central Europe was acquired.
“The third quarter of 2017 was another strong quarter. The sales increased 7 per cent to 2,936 and the volume development was positive. During the quarter, the prices on our main raw materials have been stable and the price pressure continued strong on all markets. The sales to automotive related customers were still good and improved to customers within engineering and general industry. Currency effects had a negative impact on both sales and operating profit. Earnings per share amounted to 0.97 SEK (0.98). The operating cash flow was strong and amounted to 534 MSEK.
The period January-September was strong with positive volume development. The sales increased 14 per cent and earnings per share increased 5 per cent. At the end of March, Trelleborg’s Rubber Compounding unit in Czech Republic, a well-known Rubber Compounder in Central Europe, was acquired. In early April, Valley Processing, a well-known US Rubber Compounder, was acquired. Our financial position remains strong and we are well equipped for further expansion.”
Mikael Fryklund, President and CEO
For more information, please contact:
Mikael Fryklund, President and CEO
Tel: +46 (0)40 25 46 61
Karin Gunnarsson, Chief Financial Officer/ Investor Relations Manager
Tel: +46 (0)705 55 47 32
HEXPOL is a world-leading polymers group with strong global positions in advanced polymer compounds (Compounding), gaskets for plate heat exchangers (Gaskets), and plastic and rubber materials for truck and castor wheel applications (Wheels). Customers are primarily systems suppliers to the global automotive and engineering industry, construction industry, the energy, oil and gas sector, medical equipment manufacturers and OEM manufacturers of plate heat exchangers and forklifts. The Group is organised in two business areas, HEXPOL Compounding and HEXPOL Engineered Products. The HEXPOL Group’s sales in 2016 amounted to 10,879 MSEK. The HEXPOL Group has approximately 4,400 employees in eleven countries. Further information is available at www.hexpol.com.
This press release consists of such information that HEXPOL AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 a.m. CET on October 26, 2017. This report has been prepared both in Swedish and English. In case of any divergence in the content of the two versions, the Swedish version shall have precedence.