Interim report January-March 2013
|Net turnover||4 158||4 276||4 778||17 852|
|Operating profit excl. items affecting comp.*||238||271||560||1 713|
|Operating profit||98||78||560||1 520|
|Profit after tax||42||902||389||1 853|
|Earnings per share, SEK||0.5||10.7||4.6||22.1|
|Return on equity, %||0.8||17.7||7.9||9.3|
* Items affecting comparability relate to impairment losses and restructuring costs at Holmen Paper of SEK -140 million in the first quarter of 2013 and SEK -193 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Profit after tax for January–March 2013 was SEK 42 (January–March 2012: 389) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.5 (4.6).
- Return on equity was 0.8 per cent (7.9).
- Operating profit excluding items affecting comparability totalled SEK 238 (560) million. The decline was mainly attributable to lower selling prices for printing paper and a stronger Swedish krona.
- Compared to the fourth quarter, operating profit excluding items affecting comparability decreased by SEK 33 million as a result of lower profit in printing paper.
- The market situation for paperboard was stable, while demand for printing paper and sawn timber remained weak.
- During the quarter it was decided to close a paper machine with a capacity of 200 000 tonnes at Braviken Paper Mill.
For further information please contact:
Magnus Hall, President and CEO, tel. +46 8 666 21 05
Anders Jernhall, CFO, tel. +46 8 666 21 22
Ingela Carlsson, Communications Director, tel. +46 70 212 97 12
In its capacity as issuer, Holmen AB is releasing the information in this interim report for January-March 2013 in accordance with Chapter 17 of the Swedish Securities Market Act (2007:528). The information was distributed to the media for publication at 12.50 CET on Wednesday April 24, 2013.