Continued focus and consolidation
Second quarter: April-June 2017
- Operating revenue amounted to SEK 1,678 M (1,534), an increase of 9% or SEK 144 M.
- Operating profit was SEK 74 M (56) including SEK 15 M in capital gain from sale of real estate.
- Net profit after tax for the period was SEK 48 M (34).
- Earnings per share for the period before and after dilution were SEK 0.91 (0.64).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 45 M (29).
- A dividend for the 2016 financial year of SEK 0.50 per share was approved at the 2017 Annual General Meeting, corresponding to approximately SEK 27 M.
Interim period January-June 2017
- Operating revenue amounted to SEK 3,326 M (3,005), an increase of 11% or SEK 321 M.
- Operating profit was SEK 140 M (98) including SEK 15 M in capital gain from sale of real estate.
- Net profit after tax for the period was SEK 89 M (18).
- Earnings per share for the period before and after dilution were SEK 1.67 SEK (-0.08).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 28 M (58).
Events during the second quarter
- To focus and concentrate Elderly Care operations on elderly housing under our own management and to further strengthen opportunities for continued profitable growth, Humana decided during the quarter to dispose of its home care service operations. A sale agreement has been signed with Attendo. The annual divested revenue amounts to approximately SEK 250 M. Approval from the Swedish Competition Authority was received on 20 July 2017 and the sale is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2017.
- Humana has sold 16 properties in Sweden to Hemfosa Fastigheter. The purchase price, which will be through a sale-and-leaseback transaction, amounts to SEK 135 M and the capital gain amounts to SEK 15 M.
Events after the end of the period
- Humana signed an agreement to establish an elderly housing unit under own management in Kungsängen. The unit, which is scheduled to open in 2019, has 72 flats and is Humana’s fifth elderly housing unit under own management.
- Humana has acquired Nordic Senior Services Oy in Finland.
A conference call will be held today, 18 August, at 09:00 CET, at which President and CEO Rasmus Nerman and CFO Ulf Bonnevier will present the report and answer questions. To participate, please call:
SE: +46 8 566 426 63
UK: +44 203 008 98 13
USA: +1 855 831 59 45
Humana is a leading Nordic care company providing services within individual and family care, personal assistance, elderly care and special service housing in accordance with LSS. Humana has some 16,000 employees in Sweden, Norway and Finland providing care for over 9,000 individuals and working to achieve the vision “Everyone is entitled to a good life”. In 2016, Humana’s operating revenue was SEK 6,362 M. Humana is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2016 and company’s headquarters are located in Stockholm. Read more about Humana on: www.humana.se or http://corporate.humana.se