ICA Gruppen Q1 Report 2015
Good start to 2015 – new structure in place
First quarter of 2015 in summary
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 23,673 million (19,755). Excluding the effect of the acquisition of Apotek Hjärtat, the increase was 8.7% and the increase in local currency was 7.9%
- Operating profit excluding non-recurring items amounted to SEK 775 million (699). Of the SEK 76 million increase in operating profit, a net amount of SEK 18 million was the effect of the acquisition
- Operating profit excluding non-recurring items includes costs of SEK 53 million related to the acquisition and integration of Apotek Hjärtat
- Profit from continuing operations amounted to SEK 529 million (477)
- Earnings per share, continuing operations, amounted to SEK 2.51 (2.39)
- Cash flow from continuing operations amounted to SEK 221 million (201)
After the end of the quarter
- The divestment of ICA Norway could be completed on 13 April. The transaction will generate a capital gain for ICA Gruppen of approximately SEK 1.2 billion in the second quarter of 2015
- On 22 April the Annual General Meeting approved the Board’s proposal for a dividend of SEK 9.50 per ordinary share
- The divestment of Cervera was completed on 23 April resulting in a small capital loss
Comment from the CEO of ICA Gruppen, Per Strömberg:
The start of 2015 was stable with good growth in both sales and earnings in Sweden and the Baltic countries. The fact that we also finally closed the deal in Norway and can fully focus on the successful integration of Apotek Hjärtat into ICA Gruppen strengthens this positive feeling. Our new structure is now in place.
Press and analyst meeting
ICA Gruppen will arrange a press and analyst meeting on Wednesday 6 May 2015 at 10:00 CET at Tändstickspalatset, Västra Trädgårdsgatan 15, Stockholm. CEO Per Strömberg and CFO Sven Lindskog will present the Q1 report.
The press and analyst meeting will be available as a live webcast and can be viewed at http://www.icagruppen.se/en/investors.
To attended the meeting by telephone, dial +44 203 428 14 36
For further information please contact:
Frans Benson VP Investor Relations: +46 8 561 50 020
Report dates 2015
19 August 2015 Interim report January – June 2015
11 November 2015 Interim report January – September 2015
10 February 2016 Interim report January–December 2015
For more information
ICA Gruppen press service, Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52
ICA Gruppen discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 07.00 CET on Wednesday, May 6, 2015.
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is a leading retail company with a focus on food and health. The Group includes ICA Sweden and Rimi Baltic which mainly conduct grocery retail, ICA Real Estate which owns and manages properties, ICA Bank which offers financial services and, since January 2015, Apotek Hjärtat which conducts pharmacy operations. The Group also includes the wholly owned portfolio company inkClub and the partly owned portfolio company Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se