ICA Gruppen Q3 report 2015
Good quarter across the Group
Third quarter of 2015 in summary
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 25,517 million (22,016). Excluding acquisition and divestment effects, the increase was 5.3%.
- Operating profit excluding non-recurring items was SEK 1,321 million (1,172). Of the earnings increase, SEK 58 million was a net effect of the acquisition of Apotek Hjärtat, including costs of SEK 52 million related to the integration of Apotek Hjärtat.
- Profit from continuing operations (ICA Gruppen excl. ICA Norway) amounted to SEK 979 million (676). Profit for the same period a year ago included impairment of goodwill in inkClub totalling SEK -322 million.
- Earnings per share for continuing operations were SEK 4.83 (3.19).
- Cash flow from operating activities for continuing operations amounted to SEK 955 million (395).
- ICA Gruppen’s cash offer to the shareholders of Hemtex on 25 August was accepted, so that ICA Gruppen’s ownership reached 98.3% at the end of the acceptance period on 1 October.
After the end of the quarter
- After the extension of the acceptance period to 15 October, ICA Gruppen’s ownership in Hemtex increased to 99%. ICA Gruppen has initiated compulsory redemption of the remaining shares, and on 23 October Hemtex’s shares were delisted from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- ICA’s insurance company began operating on 1 October.
Comment from the CEO of ICA Gruppen, Per Strömberg:
“We had a good quarter for the entire Group. All parts are showing good sales development, and in terms of earnings, all segments posted a higher operating profit on a like-for-like basis. Our development projects are proceeding according to plan, and we are well in line with the strategic priorities we set for 2015.”
For further information, please contact:
Frans Benson, VP Investor Relations
tel. +46 8-561 500 20
ICA Gruppen press service
Tel +46 10 422 52 52
Press and analyst meeting
ICA Gruppen is arranging a press and analyst meeting at Tändstickspalatset, Stockholm, on Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 10.00 CET. CEO Per Strömberg and CFO Sven Lindskog will present the interim report. The meeting will be webcast and can be followed at www.icagruppen.se/investerare. There is also an opportunity to call in on tel. +46 8 566 426 69, +44 203 428 1436.
10 February 2016 Year-end report 2015
20 April 2016 Annual General Meeting
4 May 2016 Interim report January–March 2016
17 August 2016 Interim report January–June 2016
9 November 2016 Interim report January–September 2016
ICA Gruppen will publish its Sustainability Report for the third quarter of 2015 on 12 November. The report will be available at icagruppen.se.
ICA Gruppen discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 07:00 CET on Wednesday, 11 November, 2015.
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is a leading retail company with a focus on food and health. The Group includes ICA Sweden and Rimi Baltic which mainly conduct grocery retail, ICA Real Estate which owns and manages properties, ICA Bank which offers financial services and Apotek Hjärtat which conducts pharmacy operations. The Group also includes the portfolio companies inkClub and Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se