Interim report January – September 2014
ICA Norway sold, acquisition of Apotek Hjärtat
Third quarter of 2014 in summary
• Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 22,016 million (20,800) in the third quarter, an
increase of 5.8%. In local currency, net sales increased by 5.0% compared with the third
quarter last year.
• Operating profit excluding non-recurring items amounted to SEK 1,172 million (1,110), an increase of 5.6% compared with the previous year.
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 904 million (1,109).
– Goodwill impairment in inkClub is included with SEK –322 million.
– Capital gains from property divestments, impairment of property values and store fixtures and fittings are included in a net amount of SEK 54 million (–1).
• Profit from continuing operations amounted to SEK 676 million (713).
• Earnings per share, continuing operations, amounted to SEK 3.19 (3.57).
• Forma Publishing sold for a purchase price of SEK 155 million.
After the end of the quarter
• On 6 October, it was announced that the retail operations in Norway, ICA Norway, will be divested for SEK 2.8 billion on a debt-free basis. The transaction will generate a capital gain of approximately SEK 1 billion.
• On 12 November 2014, it was announced that ICA Gruppen is acquiring Apotek Hjärtat for SEK 5.7 billion on a debt-free basis.
Comment from the CEO of ICA Gruppen, Per Strömberg:
“The events that had the biggest impact on this report both took place after the end of the quarter. In October, following a long period of analysis and consideration, we were able to present a long-term solution for our Norwegian retail operations, and today we can announce the acquisition of Apotek Hjärtat. With the sale of ICA Norway, we have reached a conclusion that is positive for everyone involved, our Norwegian stores and employees, Norwegian consumers and naturally for ICA Gruppen where at a stroke we have improved our earnings and strengthened our financial position in a decisive manner. The acquisition of Apotek Hjärtat provides development opportunities in an attractive and important sector and enables synergies with other businesses within ICA”, says Per Strömberg
For further information please contact:
Frans Benson VP Investor Relations: +46 8 561 50 020
Report dates 2015
11 February 2015 Year-end report 2014
22 April 2015 General Annual Meeting 2015
6 May 2015 Interim report January – March 2015
19 August 2015 Interim report January – June 2015
11 November 2015 Interim report January – September 2015
For more information
ICA Gruppen press service, Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52
ICA Gruppen discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 07.00 CET on Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is one of the Nordic region’s leading retail companies, with around 2,300 of its own and retailer-owned stores in Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The Group includes the retail companies ICA Sweden, ICA Norway and Rimi Baltic, ICA Real Estate, which owns and manages properties and ICA Bank, which offers financial services to Swedish customers. The Group also includes the wholly owned portfolio company inkClub and partly owned portfolio companies Cervera and Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se