MEDICX PHARMACY APSLEY SHORT-LISTED FOR PLATINUM DESIGN AWARD
AWARD-winning MedicX Pharmacy has been short-listed for an industry leading design award for its practice in Hemel Hempstead.
MedicX Pharmacy Apsley, which is open daily until 10pm, has been short-listed for the Chemist + Druggist Platinum Design Awards which recognises pharmacies that have created the best healthcare environments.
The team, which is competing against 16 other pharmacies across the country, demonstrated how the design and layout of their pharmacy was playing a vital role in delivering its ‘healthy living’ vision for the benefit of the local community.
Patient-centred facilities provide a smooth and efficient flow of services from traditional dispensing to enhanced services such as medication reviews, diagnostic screening, testing and assessments.
There’s a dedicated prescription ‘pick up point’ which allows patients to speak to the pharmacist in a semi-private area, a touch screen information point, a healthcare TV channel and a large reception desk which allows advice and information to be provided discreetly and with confidence.
The practice is also equipped with MedicX Pharmacy’s pioneering Healthspace facility which provides four consultation rooms available for fellow health practitioners to provide patient services such as physiotherapy and chiropody. There’s also comfortable seating and a children’s play area.
Gavin Birchall, Operations Director of MedicX Pharmacy which has 10 locations throughout England, said: “We’re delighted that our practice in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead has been shortlisted for the 2012 Platinum Design Awards.
“Aesthetics and functionality are equally important to us as part of our vision to put the patient first and enhance the health of the local population.
“Attention to detail in every way has resulted in an environment that inspires and motivates our team to provide the best patient care and deliver a better healthcare experience.”
The winner of the C+D Platinum Design Awards will be announced on May 25th 2012. The judges include individuals from the patient, NHS, healthcare and design sectors.
Notes to Editors
- A picture of MedicX Pharmacy Apsley, and also a picture of Gavin Birchall, Operations Director of MedicX Pharmacy is available for download at the bottom of this press release. Gavin is available for interviews. Please contact ICG PR for further details.
- The first MedicX Pharmacy opened in Chorley, Lancashire January 2009. Practices are currently located in Lytham, Lancashire; Rotherham, Yorkshire; Ossett, Yorkshire; Blackpool, Lancashire; Ashton Under Lyne, Greater Manchester; Bermondsey Spa, London; Apsley, Hertfordshire; Hounslow, London; Thingwall, Merseyside. A MedicX Pharmacy brochure is available for download at www.medicxpharmacy.com
- MedicX Pharmacy started in 2008 under the leadership of Chief Executive Steve Jeffers and Operations Director Gavin Birchall.
- Steve and Gavin have both worked extensively within the pharmaceutical sector at all levels from owning and managing pharmacy practices to spearheading national pharmaceutical research, working with the NHS and Primary Care Trusts as well as working with specialist health centre developers.
- MedicX Pharmacy practices provide a wide variety of innovative and integrated pharmacy services. Many practices operate 100-hour working licences to provide late night opening hours throughout the week as well as on Bank Holidays including Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
- MedicX Pharmacy works with NHS commissioners to provide a range of commissioned health care services including Medicine Use Reviews, Minor Ailment Services, Smoking Cessation Services, Weight Management Services, Specialist Dispensing Services and Influenza Vaccination Services.
- MedicX Pharmacy also provides a range of services to support patients in a better understanding of their health risks including blood pressure management, blood glucose measurement and healthier lifestyle assessment.
- MedicX Pharmacy Blackpool was presented with the Chemist + Druggist Clinical Service of the Year 2011 award.
For more information about MedicX Pharmacy contact ICG PR Tel 01772 679383.Julie Hackett 07973 196 787 firstname.lastname@example.org Denise Dawson email@example.com 07980 287550 Paula Holden firstname.lastname@example.org 0777 2268378.
ICG : Graphic Design • Public Relations • Marketing & Advertising • New Media
Windy Harbour Barn, Harbour Lane, Warton, Preston PR4 1YB
tel 44 (0) 1772 679 383
fax 44 (0) 1772 631 440
mob 44 (0) 7973 196 787
pr website www.icgpr.co.uk