MEDICX PHARMACY CELEBRATES STRONG GROWTH & EXPANSION
AWARD-winning MedicX Pharmacy is celebrating after reaching an important milestone in its growth and expansion programme.
The company, which offers modern, patient-focused pharmacy healthcare, now has a national infrastructure of 10 practices throughout England with plans for a further seven practices to open later this year.
Its annual turnover of £10m is expected to rise in line with its continuing expansion with major projects in the pipeline for 2012 and the growing provision of specialist dispensing services.
MedicX Pharmacy practices are located throughout the UK in Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Yorkshire as well as three locations in the South East (see Notes to Eds for further details)
Largely situated within newly-built GP health centres, they offer a wide range of dispensing, advisory, testing and screening services.
The company's HealthSpace brand is being successfully rolled out offering treatment room facilities for health professionals to provide additional services such as physiotherapy and chiropody.
MedicX Pharmacy has already earned an excellent reputation among fellow healthcare professionals and its patient communities as well as winning a number of industry awards including the Chemist + Druggist Clinical Service of the Year 2011 for their Blackpool practice.
Gavin Birchall, Operations Director of MedicX Pharmacy based at their Central Team's offices in Lancashire, explained: "MedicX Pharmacy is leading the profession in transforming pharmaceutical care across England for the benefit of patients, the wider community and the NHS.
"Patient care is at the heart of everything we do from the quality of our people, policies and services to the interior design and layout of our pharmacies.
"Our long-term strategy is to create more than 30 MedicX Pharmacies and we're delighted to announce that we now have a total of 10 practices and look forward to continuing our strong programme of expansion during 2012 and beyond.''
Later this year, MedicX Pharmacy, which employs more than 140 people across the UK, is due to open practices in Surrey, Hertfordshire, Rochdale, Merseyside, Lancashire, Wiltshire and London.
Notes to Editors
- Pictures of Gavin Birchall, Operations Director of MedicX Pharmacy and Steve Jeffers, Chief Executive of MedicX Pharmacy are available for download at the bottom of this press release.
- The first MedicX Pharmacy opened in Chorley, Lancashire January 2009. Practices are currently located in Lytham, Lancashire; Rotherham, Yorkshire; Ossett, Yorkshire; Blackpool, Lancashire; Ashton Under Lyne, Greater Manchester; Bermondsey Spa, London; Apsley, Hertfordshire; Hounslow, London; Thingwall, Merseyside. A MedicX Pharmacy brochure is available for download at www.medicxpharmacy.com
- MedicX Pharmacy started in 2008 under the leadership of Chief Executive Steve Jeffers and Operations Director Gavin Birchall.
- Steve and Gavin have both worked extensively within the pharmaceutical sector at all levels from owning and managing pharmacy practices to spearheading national pharmaceutical research, working with the NHS and Primary Care Trusts as well as working with specialist health centre developers. Full biography details are available.
- MedicX Pharmacy practices provide a wide variety of innovative and integrated pharmacy services. Many practices operate 100-hour working licences to provide late night opening hours throughout the week as well as on Bank Holidays including Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
- MedicX Pharmacy works with NHS commissioners to provide a range of commissioned health care services including Medicine Use Reviews, Minor Ailment Services, Smoking Cessation Services, Weight Management Services, Specialist Dispensing Services and Influenza Vaccination Services.
- MedicX Pharmacy also provides a range of services to support patients in a better understanding of their health risks including blood pressure management, blood glucose measurement and healthier lifestyle assessment.
For more information and pictures about MedicX Pharmacy contact ICG PR Tel 01772 679383. Julie Hackett 07973 196 787 firstname.lastname@example.org Denise Dawson email@example.com 07980 287550 Paula Holden firstname.lastname@example.org 0777 2268378.
ICG : Graphic Design • Public Relations • Marketing & Advertising • New Media
Windy Harbour Barn, Harbour Lane, Warton, Preston PR4 1YB
tel 44 (0) 1772 679 383
fax 44 (0) 1772 631 440
mob 44 (0) 7973 196 787
pr website www.icgpr.co.uk