TWELVE IS THE MAGIC NUMBER FOR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS
It's all about the number twelve in 2012!
Award-winning North West fine dining experience Twelve Restaurant & Lounge Bar on the Lacashire coast at Thornton Cleveleys is celebrating its 12th birthday in 2012.
And owners Paul Moss and Caroline Upton -- the brains behind the restaurant and also Twelve Event Management and Twelve Corner Shop - are throwing a special party to celebrate and raise money for Trinity Hospice.
The husband and wife team, who have earned an excellent reputation for their food, service and community support, will be hosting a fantastic celebration on Monday 12th March -- the very day twelve years ago when the restaurant opened its doors for the first time.
Lots of special entertainment is being planned for the evening with tickets available on a first come first served basis for £12 per person.
Caroline described the last twelve years as an amazing and challenging experience.
"I am delighted to announce that Twelve Restaurant & Lounge is twelve years old. It's an incredible achievement not only for ourselves but also for our team of staff who have worked equally hard with us over the years and for whom we couldn't be without.
"We're extremely proud of the business and love being part of a fantastic community of customers, partners and suppliers."
Since Twelve first opened, it has gone from strength to strength with expansions in 2007/8 to the kitchen and dining room, and the growth of the outside catering arm of the business.
Twelve Event Management works closely with The Great Hall at Mains and Fleetwood Town FC to provide fine dining hospitality. The team has also worked on many private functions for high profile individuals across the North West.
Highlights of the last 12 years include earning Michelin Bib Gourmand status for the first time in 2007, presenting Trinity Hospice with a cheque for £8,000 in 2010 and Team Twelve completing the Blackpool 10k run a couple of years ago.
Chef Proprietor Paul Moss added: "In the last twelve years we've shared some incredible moments with people and we've striven to be part of the local community for the benefit of everyone. Now we're looking forward to another twelve years at Twelve."
Twelve Fun Facts 2000-2012
- The restaurant's name derives from its address of 12 Marsh Mill Village: the number twelve permeates the business from subtle architectural details to the wine list!
- Paul Moss became an accomplished potato peeler and plate washer at a very young age at his parents' Blackpool guest house.
- Twelve is the only known restaurant to use Fisherman's Friend as in ingredient: 'Fisherman's Friend Pina Colada' dessert.
- Twelve's Tangerine Dream dessert was created in 2010 to celebrate Blackpool FC promotion to the Premier League.
- Twelve's Donkey Derby dessert was created to celebrate Blackpool FC vs Fleetwood Town FC in the FA Cup in January 2012
- Famous diners: Rolf Harris, Michael Heseltine, Strictly Come Dancing Team, Aled Jones to name just a few!
- Caroline's favourite moment: taking the call to say Twelve has Michelin Bib Gourmand status.
- Paul's favourite moment: seeing members of Team Twelve progress from junior roles to senior management.
- Longest serving members of staff: Sue Killoran (Office Manager), followed by Dulcie Devlin (Event Management - she has left once but she's back in the fold again)
- Most popular starter: homemade terrines
- Most popular main course: dishes with local meat, especially Trough of Bowland beef -- everyone loves it!
- Most popular dessert: Twelve's Banana Butty!
Notes to Editors
* Pictures of Twelve Restaurant & Lounge Bar are available on request.
* Twelve Restaurant & Lounge Bar is located at the Fylde's historic gem, Marsh Mill Village, Thornton Cleveleys. It is jointly owned by husband and wife team, Paul Moss, Chef Proprietor, and Caroline Upton, Front of House Proprietor.
* It holds 2AA Rosettes and holds Michelin Bib Gourmand status -- the provision of good food at moderate prices. It also holds Highest Quality Award Taste Lancashire accreditation from Lancashire and Blackpool Tourist Board.
* Twelve Restaurant & Lounge Bar is open six days a week, from Tuesday until Sunday, from 6.30pm and for Sunday lunch from 12noon-2pm.
* Twelve Event Management Twelve operates outside catering and event management services called Twelve Event Management (TEM). It currently has partnerships with Fleetwood Town FC and The Great Hall at Mains. It also operates Twelve Corner Shop which provides good quality cooking and dining equipment.
* For more information about Twelve Restaurant & Lounge Bar, and Twelve Event Management contact ICG PR. Tel 01772 679383. Julie Hackett firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07973 196 787.
ICG : Graphic Design • Public Relations • Marketing & Advertising • New Media
Windy Harbour Barn, Harbour Lane, Warton, Preston PR4 1YB
tel 44 (0) 1772 679 383
fax 44 (0) 1772 631 440
mob 44 (0) 7973 196 787
pr website www.icgpr.co.uk