Political participation of refugees: bridging the gaps - 19.04.2018
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) and the Robert Bosch Stiftung have the pleasure of inviting you to the presentation and discussion of the report
“Political participation of refugees: bridging the gaps”
on 19 April 2018 from 17:30 to 19:30
in the Berlin Representative Office, Robert Bosch Stiftung,
Französische Straße 32, 10117 Berlin
followed by a small reception until 20:30.
Registration starts at 17:00.
The report “Political participation of refugees: bridging the gaps” sheds light on the challenges and opportunities for refugees’ political participation in the host countries and at the same time looks into the roles of refugee diasporas in peace and democracy-building in their countries of origin. It is based on research conducted in Germany, Sweden, Uganda, Kenya, Turkey, Lebanon, the United Kingdom and South Africa and focuses on experiences of refugee communities originating from five of the largest source countries: Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- Tanja Berg, Political Scientist, Minor – project office for education and research
- Nora Ragab, PhD fellow at the Migration and Development research cluster, Maastricht University, and author of “The Case of Afghan and Syrian Refugees in Germany”
- Osama Salem, Founding member of the Network for Refugee Voices
- Shoaib Sharifi, BBC World Service Kabul Bureau Chief and author of “The Case of Afghan Refugees in the UK” (tbc)
- Ruvi Ziegler, Associate Professor in International Refugee Law, University of Reading
The discussion will be moderated by Christian Koch. Please note that the event will take place in English. Translation will not be provided.
We invite you to attend the discussion and contribute by sharing your expertise and insights.
To register for the event please RSVP until 12 April via our registration tool. The password to register is PARTICIPATION. The number of places is limited. The event will be live-streamed via International IDEA’s Facebook page.
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
International IDEA and Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH
If you have any further inquiries to the event, please contact:
International Relations Europe and its Neighbors, Team Assistant
Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH