INTELLIGENT POINT OF SALE ANNOUNCES NEW ROBOTIC SAUSAGE FINGER EMULATION TECHNOLOGY
“Pork & Apple, the perfect combination”
Ever concerned with the usability of tablet point of sale – Edinburgh, UK based Intelligent Point of Sale Limited has invested in robotic technologies to ensure that their software is compatible with the most digitally-challenged of individuals.
The robotic sausage finger emulator (R.S.F.E.) has been developed by Intelligent Point of Sale to perform user interface tests on their mobile application, intelligentpos – a point of sale solution for retail and hospitality businesses, available on the Apple iPad platform.
Speaking from the company’s head-office comms room, Paul Walton, CTO at Intelligent Point of Sale states “It took me at least 3 hours to build this robot and a further 10 minutes to procure a sausage from a local supermarket. I have witnessed first-hand the issues caused by sausage-finger sufferers such as ‘Dave’ and I am proud to say that we at Intelligent Point of Sale limited are investing in the technology to help those afflicted”.
Please follow the link below to hear more from Jamie Corry (Sales team leader) and ‘Dave’ sausage-fingered ‘customer’, as well as a few candid shots of the robot in action.
Notes to editors:
Intelligent Point of Sale Limited
1. Edinburgh-based Intelligent Point of Sale Limited supplies computerised cash register software and hardware to small and large businesses throughout the UK and internationally.
2. The product – intelligentpos - is an iPad and cloud-based point of sale application which allows businesses to process transactions with portable and flexible hardware and software.
3. intelligentpos allows business owners to remotely monitor their commercial activity, manage staffing levels and alter products and offers.
4. intelligentpos® is fully integrated with mature POS peripherals such as chip and pin provider Verifone and Xero – the world’s number one cloud accountancy system.
5. intelligentpos is a hybrid cloud system, meaning that it is not internet reliant.
6. Founded in October 2012 by business partners Robin Knox (age 28) and Paul Walton (age 29), Intelligent Point of Sale Limited currently employs 35 members of staff in Edinburgh.
7. intelligentpos license fees start at £39 plus VAT per month for the use of one iPad.
9. Contact Andrew Calzetti, CMO Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org, Robin Knox CEO +447908739553, Paul Walton, CTO +447985277326