Manx2.com Move into Blackpool!

MANX2.COM takes up residence in Blackpool – with a permanent aircraft and crew based at Blackpool Airport! Manx2.com Chairman Noel Hayes said: “We are delighted to have chosen Blackpool as our first base in England. Over the last five years we have achieved consistent growth in passenger numbers through the airport helped by the ease of road access to Blackpool combined with ample free parking. “We have attracted many visitors from the northwest region who choose to use Blackpool as a convenient gateway to the Isle of Man and, with our new double daily service to Belfast, we’re adding more frequent flights with fantastic low fares to the great City of Belfast. Blackpool’s elevation to the Premiership has also been welcomed by hundreds of football mad islanders who now have another good reason to visit Blackpool on a frequent basis. For Manx2.com the future is definitely not orange, it’s tangerine!” Blackpool Airport has been operating flights to the Isle of Man and Belfast for a number of years and the routes have proven extremely popular with both leisure and business travellers. During the volcanic ash cloud situation, Manx2.com kept the UK flying as their LET410 aircraft were allowed to continue to fly at times when larger commercial aircraft couldn’t. Paul Rankin Airport Director said: “We are delighted to welcome Manx2.com and their crew to their new base at Blackpool. We have enjoyed a long and successful relationship with Manx2.com and we hope this continues for many years to come.” To find out more visit www.blackpoolairport.com or call Manx2.com’s Reservation Team on 0871 200 0440 or visit www.manx2.com ENDS Notes to Editors • Blackpool International is 95% owned by Balfour Beatty through Regional & City Airports (Blackpool) Ltd, with the remaining 5% owned by Blackpool Borough Council • RCA acquired their interest in the airport on 8th May 2008 • Blackpool International Airport’s airlines include: Aer Lingus (operated by Aer Arann), Jet2.com and Manx2.com flying scheduled routes to Alicante, Belfast, Dublin, Faro, Isle of Man, Malaga, Murcia, Palma, Tenerife and Jersey • Please note on 5th January 2009, Blackpool International introduced free passenger parking for up to 15 days in P1 or P2 car parks and a £10 Airport Development Fee (ADF) payable by all departing passengers over the age of 16 years (passengers aged 15 years and under are exempt) For further information call Susan Kendrick, Customer Relations and Communications Manager, Blackpool International on 01253 472560 or email suekendrick@blackpoolairport.com Further information about travelling from Blackpool International, including free passenger parking and Airport Development Fee can be found on the airport’s website at www.blackpoolinternational.com.

Tags:

Subscribe