Interim Report January-June 2016
Highlights during the second quarter
- Net asset value*1) amounted to SEK 259,083 m. (SEK 339 per share) on June 30, 2016, a decrease of SEK 3,199 m. (SEK 5 per share) during the quarter, corresponding to a change of -1 percent. Adjusted for the dividend paid, net asset value increased by SEK 4,436 m., or 2 percent. Over the past 20 years, annual average net asset value growth, with dividend added back, has been 9 percent.
- Within Listed Core Investments, shares in Wärtsilä were purchased for SEK 247 m.
- The value change of Investor’s investments in EQT was 7 percent in constant currency. Net cash flow from EQT amounted to SEK -0.3 bn. due to draw-downs.
- Within Patricia Industries, the subsidiaries performed well, with overall strong organic growth and improved profitability.
Financial information, year to date 2016
- Consolidated profit/loss for the period, which includes unrealized change in value, was SEK -6,288 m. (SEK -8.25 basic earnings per share), compared to SEK 25,542 m. (SEK 33.54 basic earnings per share) for the same period 2015.
- Listed Core Investments contributed SEK -6,873 m. to net asset value (18,476).
- EQT contributed SEK 1,166 m. to net asset value (3,093).
- Patricia Industries contributed SEK 1,380 m. to net asset value (3,581).
- Leverage* (net debt/total assets) was 6.3 percent as of June 30, 2016 (5.5).
- Consolidated net sales for the period was SEK 15,124 m. (11,911).
1) Key figures market with * are such financial measures that are not defined or specified in the applicable financial reporting framework. For more information, see page 14 and 24.
This information is information that Investor AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 08:15 CET on July 19, 2016.
For further information:
Stefan Stern, Head of Corporate Relations, Sustainability and Communications, Phone 46 8 614 2058, 46 70 636 7417
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations, Phone 46 8 614 2130, 46 73 524 2130
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago, is the leading owner of high quality Nordic-based international companies. Through board participation, our industrial experience, network and financial strength, we strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, Atlas Copco, SEB, ABB, Ericsson and Mölnlycke Health Care.