Year-End Report 2014
Highlights during the fourth quarter
- Net asset value amounted to SEK 260,963 m. (SEK 343 per share) on December 31, 2014, an increase of SEK 14,162 m. (SEK 19 per share) during the quarter, corresponding to a change of 6 percent. Over the past 20 years, annual net asset value growth, with dividend added back, has been 14 percent.
- Additional shares were acquired in ABB and Wärtsilä.
- 3 Scandinavia repaid SEK 7.5 bn. of its external debt, financed by an equity injection,with Investor contributing its pro rata share SEK 3.0 bn. The new funding structure allows 3 Scandinavia to use its cash flow for distribution to its owners. During the quarter, a distribution of SEK 0.3 bn. was made to Investor.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend per share of SEK 9.00 (8.00).
- On January 28, 2015, the Board of Directors announced the appointment of Johan Forssell as new President and CEO of Investor as of May 12, 2015. Johan Forssell succeeds Börje Ekholm who is leaving his position after almost ten years.
- On January 28, 2015, Investor announced the creation of a new division, Patrica Industries, that will develop and expand its portfolio of wholly-owned subsidiaries. Börje Ekholm will be responsible for Patricia Industries.
- Consolidated net profit for the year, which includes unrealized change in value, was SEK 50,688 m. (SEK 66.55 basic earnings per share), compared to SEK 45,106 m. (SEK 59.35 basic earnings per share) for 2013.
- Core Investments contributed SEK 43,542 m. to net asset value during 2014 (38,954), of which the listed SEK 41,311 m. (38,433).
- Financial Investments contributed SEK 10,543 m. to net asset value during 2014 (8,535).
- Leverage (net debt/total assets) was 8.7 percent as of December 31, 2014 (9.7).
- Consolidated net sales for the year was SEK 21,200 m. (18,569).
For further information:
Stefan Stern, Head of Corporate Relations and Communications, Phone 46 8 614 2058, 46 70 636 7417
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations, Phone 46 8 614 2130, 46 73 524 2130
Our press releases can be accessed at
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago, is the leading owner of high quality Nordic-based international companies. Through board participation, our industrial experience, network and financial strength, we strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, Atlas Copco, SEB, ABB, Ericsson and Mölnlycke Health Care.