KAENON POLARIZED ANNOUNCES SPRING 2015 COLLECTION
Innovative sunglass company introduces new designs with focus on SR-91 lens Mark of Authentication.
California-based sunglass brand Kaenon Polarized announced the launch of its Spring 2015 Collection, the first of three product launches for 2015. Designed in California and made in Italy, this new offering emphasizes Kaenon’s performance and design roots, obvious in the company’s latest introduction to the award-winning Kore™ Performance family of products, S-Kore™.
Innovative use of Italian, hand-painted frame finishes further distinguish the company’s emphasis on premium eyewear through aesthetics and technology. From its inception, Kaenon has focused on delivering a superior visual experience to world-class athletes, avid sportsman and women and outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts with unsurpassed protection, durability and comfort.
Available in March at select authorized retailers and at Kaenon.com, the Spring Collection features three new sunglass designs and the company’s annual release of fresh interpretations in popular, existing styles:
- S-Kore™ The heat of sporting pursuit calls for a tough frame. The S-Kore is the latest addition to Kaenon’s award-winning Kore performance line. Offered in a variety of lens tints and ideal for wear under a hat or helmet, the ergonomic design and Variflex™ nose pads with inlaid interior temple tips securely anchors S-Kore, whether on land or in water. Designed for both men and women, S-Kore is perfect for those who prefer a thinner, sleeker style yet demand extreme functionality chasing their passions.
- Maywood™ Comfortable and lightweight, the Maywood embodies Kaenon’s coastal lifestyle roots and is suited for the woman who enjoys functional fashion. Featuring an elegant, oversize wrap, the Maywood boasts width in the temple area and buried Variflex™ nose pads, Maywood Smoke and Mirrors (G12) and Maywood Tortoise (B12).
- Miramar™ Inspired by the fly-boy pilot era of the 1950’s and 60’s, Miramar’s modern, lightweight materials and innovative fabrication techniques create durability with a comfortable fit in this slightly squared-off pilot metal frame. Miramar offers universal sizing with minimal 6-base curvature and features a thin metal alloy chassis, a double brow bar and acetate temple tips.
More on the SR-91 for 2015
Each Kaenon Polarized sunglass comes fully loaded with the company’s proprietary SR-91™ polarized lens; a superior technology that elevates protection, performance and vision to an unprecedented level. The industry’s first and only uncompromising polarized lens will now proudly display a discrete laser engraved SR-91 Mark of Authentication, a signature design element validating each new sunglass as a genuine SR-91 Kaenon Polarized lens. Each SR-91 prescription product will also carry the Mark of Authentication in order to distinguish genuine Rx SR-91 products.
- Impact Resistance - SR-91 lens will not shatter, a fact validated by many athletes including Morgan Miller, volleyball player and wife of alpine Olympian Bode Miller, who accidentally duck-hooked a tee-drive into his wife’s face. The Kaenon sunglasses she was wearing saved her eye from the 160mph impact. Or Mark Smiley, a professional climber and ski mountaineer whose vision was spared from the impact of his ski after a wreck during a downhill decent.
- Ultimate Clarity - SR-91 Lens Material delivers the ultimate in clarity. Kaenon's Glare 86 Polarizing Filter provides unprecedented color saturation and detail definition.
- UV Protection – 100 percent broad spectrum UV protection.
- Lightweight - SR-91 lenses are the lightest polarized lenses on the market.
Every Kaenon sunglass is offered in prescription, featuring SR-91 polarized Rx lenses in both single vision and digitally surfaced progressive.
Brittany Raasch at 949-274-8001 or e-mail, BRaasch@Kaenon.com
Founded in Newport Beach in 2001 by brothers Steve and Darren Rosenberg, Kaenon is an independent, California-based eyewear brand that designs, produces and distributes both high-performance and prescription sunglasses along with ophthalmic products. Filling a void in the marketplace, Kaenon revolutionized the industry with its uncompromising proprietary SR-91® lens material. Kaenon’s superior polarized lenses have the visual clarity of glass with shatter resistance and high-mass impact protection, purpose-built lens tints, light transmission levels, all in an extremely lightweight package. Designed in California and hand-painted in Italy, Kaenon frames feature distinctive details that further distinguish it from the competition. Awarded "Gear of the Year" by Outside Magazine, Kaenon is worn by men and women, professional athletes, Olympians, and sports and active lifestyle enthusiasts searching for premium quality, attention to detail and unmatched protection, performance and vision--all finished with unique styling. Built on the motto, "never compromise" -- innovation in design, engineering and technology continue to be at the core of the brand. Kaenon is sold online and at specialty retailers throughout North America and select locations around the world. For more information about Kaenon, please visit www.kaenon.com.