Kambi Group plc Q2 Report 2014
Malta, 6 August 2014
Q2 Report 2014 (unaudited)
- Revenue amounted to EUR 9.5 (4.8) million for the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 97% and EUR 17.2 (9.4) million for the first half year 2014, an increase of 84%
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the second quarter of 2014 was EUR 0.8 (-3.5) million, with a margin of 9% (-73%), and EUR 0.7 (-7.4) million for the first half year 2014, with a margin of 4% (-79%)
- Profit after Tax amounted to EUR 0.4 (-3.4) million for the second quarter of 2014 and EUR 0.0 (-7.1) million for the first half year 2014
- Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2014 were EUR 0.015 (-0.169) and EUR 0.002 (-0.354) for the first half year 2014
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital) amounted to EUR 1.0 (-1.9) million for the second quarter of 2014 and EUR 1.0 (-4.4) million for the first half year 2014
“Kambi benefits from strong World Cup and goes live with 3 new operators in Q2”
“The second quarter of 2014 demonstrates continued growth for Kambi. This is the first report as a listed company and I am very pleased with the strong results and hope to see the positive momentum continue. Revenue was up 97% compared to the same quarter last year and the YTD revenue was up 84% compared to 2013. The World Cup had a significant effect on the result and we saw new records in operator turnover and transactions. I am especially pleased with our fantastic offering and system stability during the World Cup, which gave our customers an excellent opportunity to gain market share.
In the second quarter of 2014 Kambi signed two new operators, 32Red and IveriaBet, both of whom went live before the World Cup. NagaWorld also went live, with Kambi launching its first operations with OTC (Over-The-Counter) terminals. This supports the investments we continue to make in our journey to become the global market leader for the provision of managed sports betting services”, says Kristian Nylén, CEO of Kambi.
Significant events during Q2
- Listing in June on the NASDAQ OMX First North stock exchange
- Equity issue and convertible loan strengthened the Balance Sheet
- Signed two new customers, 32Red and Iveriabet
- Launched with three customers: the two above and NagaWorld
- The FIFA World Cup in Brazil, 54 of the 64 matches were played in June
- Ratified as an Associate Member of the European State Lotteries and Toto Association
You are invited to participate in a report presentation today, 6 August, at 10.45 CET held by CEO Kristian Nylén and CFO David Kenyon. The presentation will be held in English via a telephone conference and can also be accessed via an audiocast using the link below. Questions can be asked on the telephone conference, sent via the audiocast link or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Numbers for participation in the telephone conference:
SE: +46 851999359 UK: +44 2031940549 US: +18552692606
Link to the audiocast: http://media.fronto.com/cloud/kambi/140806/
Kambi Group plc is a B2B supplier of fully managed sports betting services on an in-house developed software platform, providing premium turnkey sports betting solutions to B2C operators. Kambi’s solution encompasses a broad offering from front end through to odds compiling and risk management. Kambi employs approximately 340 staff across offices in Malta, London, Stockholm and Manila. The company’s current coverage includes more than 110,000 live betting events and 250,000 pre-match events per year covering 65 different sports from all over the world. Kambi’s customers include Unibet, 888, Paf, 32Red and Napoleon Games. Kambi utilizes a best of breed security approach, with guiding principles from ISO 27001. Kambi Sports Solutions is an eCOGRA certified. Kambi Group plc is listed on NASDAQ OMX First North Stockholm under the symbol "KAMBI".