Unibet Group plc - Interim report January - September 2010
- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 31.0 (30.1) million for the third quarter of 2010 and GBP 112.0 (96.3) million for the period January to September 2010.
- Profit from operations for the third quarter 2010 of GBP 5.6 (8.9) million, was negatively impacted by foreign exchange loss on operating items of GBP 1.5 million (positive impact of 4.4 million). Profit from operations for the period January to September 2010 amounted to 24.6 (21.7) million.
- Profit before tax for the third quarter of 2010 amounted to GBP 4.3 (3.5) million. In addition to the exchange loss on operating items referred to above, profit before tax for the third quarter of 2010 was negatively impacted by unrealised exchange losses on the loan of GBP 1.0 (unrealised exchange loss of GBP 4.0 on the bond) million. Profit before tax for the period January to September 2010 amounted to GBP 24.6 (20.1) million.
- Profit after tax for the third quarter of 2010 amounted to GBP 3.7 (3.0) million. Profit after tax for the period January to September 2010 amounted to GBP 22.4 (18.3) million.
- Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2010 were GBP 0.134 (0.108) and GBP 0.797 (0.656) for the period January to September 2010.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 8.6 (11.2) million for the third quarter 2010 and GBP 32.5 (29.3) for the period January to September 2010.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 320,573 (329,721).
“A strong quarter for sports betting"
“With many favourites losing, Unibet’s gross margin has been very favourable during the quarter. This has contributed to a strong overall result in what is usually a seasonally weak quarter. “
“Our operating cash flow has shown a steady increase which has strengthened our balance sheet and since the end of the quarter we have repaid EUR 8 million of the bank facility ahead of schedule.”
“For October 2010 the gross margin has been more normalised than 2009 but the casino activity is almost back at the revenue level from last year when we were active in the French market. “
“We still remain cautious, however, about the outlook for the rest of 2010, as communicated in our first quarter report.”
“Further to our comments on previous quarters, we have now formally established a new B2B business area called Kambi Sports Solutions, which provides sportsbook services both to Unibet and to third party customers”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 3 November 2010, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is +44 (0)20 7806 1968 Confirmation Code: 5401652
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com. Today, Unibet has more than 4.9 million customers in over 100 countries Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com