Unibet Group plc - Interim report January – September 2016 (unaudited)
Third quarter and the period January to September highlights
- New all-time high in Gross winnings revenue of GBP 142.3 (86.1) million for the third quarter of 2016, and GBP 391.3 (242.7) million for the period January to September 2016. Gross winnings revenue from the acquisitions of iGame Group and Stan James Online amounted to GBP 14.8 million for the third quarter of 2016.
- Underlying EBITDA for the third quarter of 2016 was GBP 33.9 (19.6) million, and GBP 84.4 (53.7) million for the period January to September 2016. EBITDA from the acquisitions of iGame Group and Stan James Online amounted to GBP 5.7 million for the third quarter of 2016.
- Profit before tax for the third quarter of 2016 amounted to GBP 24.8 (14.4) million after GBP 2.2 million related to an accounting FX impact on the earn-out payment to the iGame owners. Profit before tax for the period January to September 2016 amounted to GBP 62.7 (40.9) million.
- Profit after tax for the third quarter of 2016 amounted to GBP 21.0 (12.9) million. Profit after tax for the period January to September 2016 amounted to GBP 54.5 (36.3) million.
- Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2016 were GBP 0.091 (0.057) and GBP 0.237 (0.159) for the period January to September 2016.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 1,067,910 (671,635). Of these, 223,617 are customers of iGame Group and Stan James Online.
“Strong performance across all brands and successful acquisitions deliver 65 per cent increase in Gross winnings revenue (42 per cent in constant currency, of which 27 per cent is pure organic growth)”
"High activity levels driven by the ability to retain the customers from the Euro tournament that started in the second quarter has led to a continued gain in market shares. Margin in the sportsbook was in line with the prior year and the long-term averages, so it was pure activity growth that delivered a new all-time high in Gross winnings revenue of GBP 142.3 million.”
“Of the Group’s Gross winnings revenue 33 per cent was from locally regulated markets. Gross winnings revenue from the mobile channel more than doubled in GBP and accounted for 64 per cent of the total Gross winnings revenue generation in the third quarter.”
“It is of course particularly satisfying that the excellent top line growth converted into a new all-time high in EBITDA, demonstrating again the scalability of the Group’s business model which is structured to meet the future challenges of further regulation.”
“All our brands performed very well in the third quarter. The Group underlying EBITDA grew by 38 per cent in constant currency. If iGame Group and Stan James Online had been part of the Group for the full third quarter 2015, their combined EBITDA would have grown by 95 per cent in constant currency.”
“In the period from 1 to 30 October 2016, average daily Gross winnings revenue in GBP was close to 50 per cent higher compared to the same period in 2015. Adjusting for the impact of exchange rate changes, the constant currency growth was 20 per cent,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet Group.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 7887 996 116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +46 723 878 059
About Unibet Group
Unibet Group is one of Europe’s largest listed online gambling operators and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Unibet Group provides services in 20 languages to over 15.3 million customers in over 100 countries through several subsidiaries and brands. Unibet Group is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to the pan-European CEN standard on consumer protection and responsible gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com and twitter.com/UnibetGroup.