Unibet Group plc - Year end report January - December 2012 (unaudited)
- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 56.9 (44.7) million for the fourth quarter of 2012 and GBP 197.2 (154.4) million for the full year 2012.
- Earnings before interest, tax and depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the fourth quarter of 2012 were GBP 16.8 (14.9) million. EBITDA for the full year 2012, was GBP 52.5 (48.0) million.
- Profit from operations amounted to GBP 12.6 (12.1) million for the fourth quarter of 2012 and GBP 35.1 (38.8) million for the full year 2012.
- Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 12.1 (11.9) million. Profit before tax for the full year 2012 amounted to GBP 34.2 (38.1) million.
- Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 11.8 (11.3) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2012 amounted to GBP 31.6 (35.5) million.
- Earnings per share was GBP 0.421 (0.407) for the fourth quarter of 2012 and GBP 1.132 (1.270) for the full year 2012.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 16.9 (15.0) million for the fourth quarter 2012 and GBP 51.1 (48.5) million for the full year 2012.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 491,958 (400,697).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of GBP 0.700 (0.580) per share/SDR, which is approximately SEK 6.97 (6.09) per share/SDR and amounts to a proposed distribution to shareholders of GBP 19.6 (16.0) million.
- AGM to be held on 14 May 2013, in Stockholm.
“Strong finish to 2012 continues into 2013”
“It is very satisfying to report that Unibet achieved all-time highs for Gross Winnings Revenue and EBITDA in the fourth quarter of 2012.”
“The increase in betting duties is in line with our strategy to focus on re-regulated markets and it is especially encouraging that we have achieved these all-time highs despite absorbing betting duties of GBP 3.6 million for the quarter.”
“Our investments in marketing and product development have resulted in an all-time high in active customers for the fourth quarter. This has also contributed to the continuing growth we have seen in the first six weeks of 2013 with daily average Gross Winnings Revenue showing organic growth over 20 per cent compared to the same period in 2012.”
“An important part of Unibet’s strategic investment continues to be focused on Kambi Sports Solutions, which is also developing good momentum as we start 2013. All the new clients signed in 2012 are now live with Kambi. Since the full operational separation of Kambi was completed in 2012, it is clear that Kambi is seen as a credible and attractive partner for major operators.”
“The gaming market is increasingly divided into those who embrace the opportunities and challenges provided by re-regulation and those who don’t. Strong growth in Denmark, Belgium and Italy show that the opportunity provided by re-regulation in Unibet’s core markets helps to offset the short-term impact of higher betting duties and compliance costs. Unibet takes a lead in working with regulators and other official bodies to develop sustainable local regulations that provide a fair market while ensuring social policy goals are achieved,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 13 February 2013, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is +44 (0) 20 3364 5371, or from the USA +1 8557 532 237
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest listed gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.com.au , www.maria.com and www.mariacasino.dk. Unibet also offers Sportsbook B2B services through Kambi Sports Solutions, www.kambi.com.
Today, Unibet has 7.2 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, ESSA, the European Sports Security Association and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com