Unibet Group plc Year end report January - December 2006
• Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 19.7 (16.3) million for the fourth quarter of 2006 and GBP 74.8 (43.5) million for the full year 2006.
• Adjusted profit from operations, excluding one-off reorganisation costs, increased to GBP 7.7 (7.5) million for the quarter and for the full year increased to GBP 29.0 (19.9) million. After charging reorganisation costs of GBP 0.6 (Nil) million, profit from operations was GBP 7.1 (7.5) million for the fourth quarter of 2006 and GBP 28.4 (19.9) million for the full year.
• Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2006 increased to GBP 23.1 (5.0) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2006 increased to GBP 37.9 (13.7) million. Included within this is the release of certain deferred tax provisions no longer required.
• Earnings per share were GBP 0.818 (0.179) for the fourth quarter of 2006 and GBP 1.345 (0.523) for the full year 2006.
• The short-term impact of the change in the poker platform influenced the quarter’s results, but the change provides a better basis for sustained growth in 2007 and beyond.
• Continued strong operating cash flow.
• Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 218,770 (171,918).
• The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 5.50 (2.25) per ordinary Share/SDRs.
• AGM to be held on 25 April, 2007, in Stockholm.
‘Solid foundation laid for future growth’
“2006 was the year in which Unibet became fully established as one of Europe’s leading online gaming companies. In order to ensure continued success and growth during 2007, we chose, last Autumn, to consolidate our poker platform and upgrade other important functions within the company.
We believe this will give us a competitive advantage over our pan-European competitors in the coming year.”
“The European online gaming market is expected to grow by about 20-30 per cent during the coming year and our ambition is to grow at least at the same pace,” says Petter Nylander, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 14 February 2007, Unibet’s CEO Petter Nylander will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 8.30 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.