The Greater New York City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® was founded in 1990 and has raised well over $50 million to date. Komen Greater NYC distributes 75 percent of its net income to fund local community-based breast health education, screening and treatment programs and clinical trials enrollment. The remaining 25 percent funds national research to find the cures. Our grants program supports essential, life-saving services for underserved residents of New York City, Long Island, Westchester and Rockland Counties. This year, Komen Greater NYC is awarding $4.8 million in grants for local breast health education, screening and treatment programs, clinical trials enrollment, and national research to find the cures.