Lagercrantz Interim Report 2018/19 Q1
1 April – 30 June 2018
- Net revenue increased by 19 percent to MSEK 948 (794).
- Operating profit (EBITA) increased by 13 percent to MSEK 113 (100), equivalent to an operating margin of 11.9 percent (12.6).
- Profit before financial items amounted to MSEK 96 (87), equivalent to an EBIT margin of 10.1 percent (11.0).
- Profit after financial items increased by 12 percent to MSEK 92 (82).
- Profit after taxes increased by 17 percent to MSEK 76 (65).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution for the moving 12-month period amounted to SEK 4.38, compared to SEK 4.21 for the 2017/18 financial year.
- Return on equity was 22 percent (22). The equity ratio at the end of the period was 38 percent compared to 36 percent at the start of the quarter.
- The Annual General Meeting will be held on 29 August 2018 at 4.00 p.m. at IVA’s Conference Centre in Stockholm.
- The Board of Directors in the notice convening the Annual General Meeting intends to propose a dividend of SEK 2.00 (2.00) per share.
The first quarter represented a good start to the financial year with an improved market situation in several areas of the Group and a generally strong inflow of orders. The improvement was seen in both products and solutions, eg within development of electrical infrastructure but also in project-related operations in technical security. Total revenue increased by 19 percent during the quarter, of which comparable units increased by 6 percent measured in local currencies, which is a solid improvement. This meant that the earnings growth was good, around 12 percent, with a profit after net financial items of MSEK 92 (82) for the quarter, which should also be seen in light of the dissolutions of contingent consideration provisions, which had a positive impact last year.
Overall, it is very satisfying to see that a number of the activities we initiated during the previous year have resulted in a better situation. We continue the proven path by maintaining the ambition to increase the share of proprietary products and accelerate sales growth, particularly export. The acquisitions of niche technology companies carried out during the past year also contributed positively to the Group’s performance and show that our acquisition model continues to be successful.
President and CEO
Stockholm 19 July 2018
Lagercrantz Group AB (publ)
For further information please contact:
Jörgen Wigh, President and CEO, Lagercrantz Group AB, telephone +46 8 700 66 70
Bengt Lejdström, Chief Financial Officer, Lagercrantz Group AB, telephone +46 8 700 66 70
or visit our website www.lagercrantz.com
This information is information that LAGERCRANTZ GROUP AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication on 19 July 2018 at 08:00 CET.
LAGERCRANTZ GROUP IN BRIEF
Lagercrantz Group is a technology group that offers world-leading, value-creating technology, using either proprietary products or products from leading suppliers. The Group is comprised of some 50 companies, each with a focus on a specific sub-market – a niche. High value-creation is common to all the companies, including a high degree of customisation, support, service and other services.
Lagercrantz Group is active in nine countries in Northern Europe, in China, India and in the USA. The Group has approximately 1,400 employees and annual revenue of approximately MSEK 3,600. The Company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2001.