Interim Report January - September 2009
“According to the 2009 Swedish Quality Index, Länsförsäkringar has Sweden’s most satisfied retail customers in the bank market for the fifth time. This demonstrates that Länsförsäkringar is a reliable bank that offers reasonably priced products and the services expected by customers. The number of customers is increasing and we continue to grow and strengthen our position in the bank market for retail and agricultural customers. We have assumed the position as the fifth largest bank in Sweden for retail customers in an increasing number of market segments. In agricultural lending, we captured the second-largest share of market growth among all Swedish banks in the preceding year and our growth remains strong. Credit quality is high and the loan portfolio has a good geographic distribution in Sweden. The bank´s financial position is strong”, says Mats Ericsson, President of Länsförsäkringar Bank.
- Operating profit increased 5% to SEK 196 M (186).
- Net interest income rose 1% to SEK 857 M (852).
- Loan losses remained low and amounted to SEK 45 M (46).
- Lending to the public rose 25% to SEK 94 billion (76) and deposits from the public increased 13% to SEK 37 billion (33). Retail mortgage lending in the subsidiary Länsförsäkringar Hypotek increased 23% to SEK 64 billion (52).
- The Tier 1 ratio according to Basel II was 12.7% (14.2) and the capital adequacy ratio was 15.1% (17.3).
- According to the 2009 Swedish Quality Index, Länsförsäkringar has Sweden’s most satisfied retail customers in the bank market.
- The number of customers rose 11% to 761,000 (686,000).
- The number of bank cards increased 23% to 211,000 (172,000).
Figures in parentheses pertain to the same period in 2008.
The full report is available below.
For further information, contact
President, Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 (0)8-588 409 63
+46 (0)73-96 409 63
Executive Vice President and CFO, Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 (0)8-588 412 51
+46 (0)73-96 412 51
Senior Vice President Corporate Communications, Länsförsäkringar AB
+46 (0)8-588 415 01
+46 (0)70-579 70 66