OVER 1,000 PEOPLE COMPLETE THE SUMMER BREEZE RUNNING FESTIVAL IN WIMBLEDON
On Saturday 13th June 2015, over 1,000 people completed the Summer Breeze Running Festival consisting of a half marathon or 10km distance on Wimbledon Common.
The Summer Breeze running festival was an afternoon event with races beginning at 4pm and allowing participants to relax after their run, grab food from the barbeque and listen to live bands.
Participants of both the half marathon and 10km were taken on a challenging, trail course through the woodland of Wimbledon Common incorporating rarely used paths as well as the hill of doom.
Richard Xerri, Founder and Director at Perseverance Events says: “The 2015 Summer Breeze Running Festival was a great success! Now in it’s second year, it was great to see runners returning from last year and taking part in this afternoon race. We are lucky to be holding this event in Wimbledon, the races are 100% off-road and traffic-free, which is great for London. Feedback from the runners has been very positive and they really enjoyed the variety of the trail course set out and I think it was tougher than they expected!
The winners of the 10km race were Kevin Quinn of South London Harriers with a fast time of 36:40 and Monita Scullard with 45:00. The winners of the half marathon were Douglas Hancock with a time of 1:21:09 and Heather Wilson with 1:38:09.
Friends and families of all the participants were able to walk around the event village while the race was taking place where local vendors provided great snacks and giveaways. The likes of Fire & Brimstone provided a barbeque, Sweaty Betty provided free yoga for everyone, Up and Running East Sheen, Balega were present as well as Rebound Clinic providing pre and post-event massages for all participants.
The Summer Breeze Running Festival ended the day by presenting a cheque for £2,000 donation to the official charity Shooting Star Chase.
To register your interest in the 2016 Summer Breeze Running Festival, visit www.summerbreeze.me
Notes to Editor
The Summer Breeze Running Festival
- The Summer Breeze Running Festival has over 1,000 people in attendance and is held on Wimbledon Common on Saturday 13th June.
- The races provide a fun-packed Saturday afternoon and evening for health enthusiasts in the London area from 5 to 70 years old. In 2014, over £5,000 was raised for charity Shooting Star Chase, a local hospice for children with cancer.
- The Summer Breeze Running Festival was established in 2013 by local business owner, athletics coach and Surrey Team Manager Richard Xerri from Perseverance Events. For 10+ years he has managed several club and county events on a voluntary level. He also helps several local clubs with equipment for events and assists local organisers with advice and experience.
- Perseverance Events also organise: London Enduro 12 Hour & 50km Trail Race (13th June 2015) and The Salomon Richmond Half Marathon and 10km (March 2016).
Shooting Star Chase
- Shooting Star Chase is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families.
- They support families from diagnosis to end of life and throughout bereavement with a range of nursing, practical, emotional and medical care.
- Their bespoke support is free of charge to families and available 365 days a year.
- Visit http://www.shootingstarchase.org.uk for more information.
For more information or images of The Summer Breeze Running Festival, please contact Laura Kettle at email@example.com or 07980 757482.