SOS REHYDRATE JOINS THE SALOMON CITYTRAIL™ RICHMOND HALF MARATHON AND 10KM AS THE OFFICIAL HYDRATION PARTNER
SOS Rehydrate is proud to announce that they are the sponsor of The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon, as the Official Hydration Partner.
The event, which takes place in Old Deer Park, Richmond-upon-Thames, will be offering runners of the 13.1 mile and 10km course a fast-acting electrolyte replacement and hydration drink that helps combat dehydration.
Ian Hough, UK Sales Manager at SOS Rehydrate says: “This is an incredible event to be involved in and SOS Rehydrate are excited to be able to showcase our product and solve the issue of dehydration in order to improve the performance of the runners taking part.”
During the race, participants can expect to explore the scenic Borough of Richmond, beginning in Old Deer Park, passing Ham House, Petersham Meadows - which is protected by an act of parliament, Teddington Lock - the meeting point for Dunkirk Little Ships in 1940 and Richmond Green.
SOS Rehydrate will be supplied to the runners at two on-course hydration stations as well as the finish line. The sponsor will have volunteers providing cups of pre-mixed SOS Rehydrate and also encouragement to the runners to keep their momentum going as they head for the finish line. More than 400 litres of water is expected to be provided along the course to participants on race day.
Richard Xerri, Founder and Director at Perseverance Events says: “The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km is now in it’s third year and we are seeing people come from wide and far to take part in this event. Having such a well-established and medically based hydration partner on-board, means we can provide our participants with the best hydration solutions for both the determined runners as well as the first-timers.”
This year’s Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km is supporting The Vineyard Community Centre which is a local charity based off Richmond Hill along with CLIC Sargent and many others. To register for this event, visit www.richmondhalf.com.
Notes to Editor
The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km
- The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km will take place on Sunday 22nd March 2015.
- The race preludes London Marathon and is fast becoming a well-established pre-London half marathon event. The race is now in its 3rd year with 4,500-5,000 in attendance throughout the day.
- The events’ 2015 chosen local charity is The Vineyard Community Centre.
- The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km was established in late 2012 by local business owner, athletics coach and Surrey Team Manager Richard Xerri from Perseverance Events. For 10+ years he has managed several club and county events on a voluntary level. He also helps several local clubs with equipment for events and assists local organisers with advice and experience.
- Perseverance Events also organise: Summer Breeze Running Festival (13th June 2015) and London Enduro 12 Hour & 50km Trail Race (13th June 2015)
- SOS Rehydrate has 6 times more electrolytes than the average sports drink, 27% more electrolytes than the average coconut drink and 75% less carbs than the average sports drink.
- SOS Rehydrate is a fast-acting electrolyte replacement and hydration drink that helps combat dehydration caused by active lifestyles and physical performance.
- SOS Rehydrate is used by England Athletics, 4-time Olympic Gold Medallist - Sir Ben Ainslie, Professional Race Car Driver – Scott Dixon, British Olympic Athletes – Chris Thompson and Scott Overall, Ultrarunner & Training Coach – Eric Orton. See more athletes here.
- SOS Rehydrate is stocked in RunnersNeed Sweatshop and Up & Running.
- SOS Rehydrate comes in two flavours – blueberry and citrus and it can also be purchased online at www.sosrehydrate.com. The cost of one box containing 5 sachets is £6.99.
For more information or images of THE SALOMON CITYTRAIL™ RICHMOND HALF MARATHON & 10KM, please contact Laura Kettle at email@example.com or 07980 757482.