Interactive Voice to Debut First Hands-Free Intelligent Assistant for the Home at CES 2013
At the 2013 CES in Las Vegas, attendees will meet ivee Sleek — a hands-free, voice-activated, internet-connected assistant for the home.
Los Angeles – Dec. 18, 2012 - Interactive Voice, a pioneer in voice-controlled electronics, today announced the company will debut its newest device, ivee Sleek, at the 2013 International CES in Las Vegas on Jan. 8. ivee Sleek is the first hands-free, voice-activated, internet-connected assistant for the home that answers questions, obeys commands and controls other internet-connected devices.
“I’ve always dreamed of talking to an artificial intelligence system that could control my home” said Jonathon Nostrant, chief executive officer and founder of ivee. “We saw the beginnings of voice recognition and personal assistant technology on mobile phones, but they never provided the experience we were looking for.”
Meet ivee Sleek
· She listens: Activated by the simple phrase “hello ivee,” ivee awakens and then waits for your verbal command or question. ivee uses the AT&T Speech API powered by the AT&T WATSONSM speech recognition engine before sending the response on to her own cloud-based intelligence system.
· She understands: Using natural language understanding, machine learning, and Wolfram|Alpha’s computational knowledge engine, ivee understands you and responds accordingly. For example, if you ask ivee how the weather in Las Vegas is, she responds, “Today in Las Vegas, you can expect sunny skies and temperatures between 71 and 74 degrees.” ivee responds with both an audio and visual reply.
· She’s not clingy: ivee’s advanced voice trigger technology allows you to wake the device without any hands. Two beam-forming microphones cancel ambient noise and make it possible to talk to ivee from up to 10 feet away. In addition, light and temperature sensors are used to detect ivee’s ambient surroundings, making her smart and aware.
· She’s “ivee” league smart: At launch, ivee Sleek will understand and answer questions within 33 categories, including time, alarms, news, reminders, stocks, traffic reports, sleep sounds, and even bedtime stories. ivee will also be able to control other internet-connected devices like Wi-Fi thermostats. And because her technology is cloud-based, she will continuously grow, becoming smarter and more personalized to both her owner and her surroundings.
· She’s beautiful: Her fluid curves and soft matte finish create an elegant look that complements her simple brilliance. Featuring a large display and thoughtful user interface, ivee is easy to use for everyone in your home, and she will quickly become the newest member of your family.
ivee can first be seen on Jan. 7, 2013 at the AT&T Developer’s Summit and at CES from Jan. 8-11, 2013, at South Hall 2 Booth #25827.
Availability and Pricing
ivee Sleek ($199) will be available for preorder in January and will ship in May 2013. More information about ivee and the company's line of voice-controlled electronics can be found at helloivee.com.
For media appointments, please contact Jessie Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ivee (Interactive Voice Inc.) was founded in 2011 as a consumer-focused, voice-control electronics company. ivee works at the intersection of artificial intelligence, speech recognition, natural language understanding, and the Internet of Things. Since 2011, ivee has made voice-activated alarm clocks, which can be found at stores like Best Buy, Staples, and Brookstone.
For more information about ivee, please visit the company's Web site at helloivee.com.
Senior Account Executive
(732) 212-0823 (office)
(732) 245-4855 (mobile)
Senior Account Executive
Bringing Brands to Bloom
NEW JERSEY | FLORIDA
“Like” us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lotus823
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lotus823