LSI Delivers Axxia® 5500 Communication Processor for Faster, More Power-Efficient Networks
World’s first cache-coherent, 16-core SMP ARM processor
SAN JOSE, Calif., August 21, 2013 – LSI Corporation (NASDAQ: LSI) today announced it has started delivering the Axxia® 5500 communication processor family to key OEM customers. The Axxia 5500 with 16 ARM cores is designed to meet the performance, integration, cost and power demands of mobile and fixed networks.
“The delivery of Axxia 5500 means that our customers are now building Axxia processor performance and efficiency into systems that will represent over half of the mobile base station market,” said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Networking Solutions Group, LSI. “The versatile Axxia processor family is also being applied in many other applications, such as datacenters and enterprise networking, and we are excited to be shipping this powerful new processor.”
The Axxia 5500 family of communication processors offers a number of benefits to datacenter operators, enterprise network managers and network service providers, including:
- Outstanding performance efficiency through a flexible combination of general-purpose processors and specialized acceleration engines
- High-capacity Ethernet switching to drive significant reductions in power, board space and bill of material cost
- Increased network performance through a unique combination of power-efficient ARM Cortex™-A15 processors and CoreLink™ CCN-504 Cache Coherent Network interconnect
- Flexible connectivity provided through the 16 10GbE interfaces, which allows the AXM5500 product to support a variety of network configurations with a single SoC
- Comprehensive tool suite and production-quality protocol processing software modules for wireless infrastructure applications
“With AXM5500 in hand, our customers are developing next-generation networking systems with the performance, intelligence and scalability to keep pace with the unprecedented growth in network traffic,” said Gene Scuteri, vice president of engineering, Networking Solutions Group, LSI. “The Axxia 5500 multicore family, with its unmatched, highly integrated design and broad features, is an ideal platform on which to build high-performance systems.”
LSI Corporation (NASDAQ: LSI) designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters, mobile networks and client computing. Our technology is the intelligence critical to enhanced application performance, and is applied in solutions created in collaboration with our partners. More information is available at www.lsi.com . Connect with LSI via Facebook , Twitter and YouTube .
LSI, the LSI & Design logo, Storage.Networking.Accelerated. and Axxia are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies
Marketing Communications Manager EMEA
+44 (0) 1344 413204
+44 (0) 1296 628180